How does pre-purchase and Collector's edition work?

It’s been a while but I think what I did for BFA was pre-purchase for the instant in game items, and also purchased the physical collector’s edition at Gamestop. I half a$$ remember getting refunded for the pre-purchase digital edition as Blizzard store credit. Anyone more familiar with this know if this will be the case for Shadowlands? Sorry, I can’t remember exactly if this is what happened for BFA but I assume this will be the case for those of us who want the in game items instantly and the physical collector’s items, without being forced to pay a massive cost for both copies.

Thanks!!

They have not said anything official as of yet.

But last expansion if you purchased both collector and had a digital as well, they refunded you the difference via store balance. You remember right.

With the announcement just made I think you are just in a holding pattern of patience for the time being.

That is essentially how it worked for BFA, but I’ve not heard the plans for the upcoming one. While it would be perfectly understandable to presume that it will work the same way this time - I strongly urge you to NOT presume anything until we get specifics. We just don’t know yet, this has been handled in various ways over the years.

4 Likes

Okay, thanks!!! Super excited either way

Btw itnis the exact reason I have not pre-ordered yet. In the end I want the epic version for the hearth but don’t have enough bnet balance yet. Don’t want to wind up buying say Heroic and not bei g able to upgrade later.

Just waiting for the info to shake out. And that will just take a little time.

In expansions since, WoD, you got the boost with either the basic or the CE option and you could subsequently purchase the CE digital items for your basic edition later.

With Shadowlands however, the basic edition does not come with the level boost. Upgrading to one of the two (Heroic and EE) higher level editions would likely include whatever the retail cost of a 120 boost would be at that time plus a fee for the digital items.

2 Likes

This topic was about being given store credit for having pre-purchased the expansion for the instant in game items, and then buying the physical collector’s edition. In all likelihood this will be the case again, according to the blue post.
But thanks for that info on the revamped digital editions :slight_smile:

A few days after you originally posted this, they announced how they would handle it officially :wink:

5 Likes

I would like to purchase a collector’s edition how do I do that

For the physical edition you would have to find a retailer who has it in stock. You may even find them on Ebay, sadly those probably will be marked up quite a bit considering most places had them on preorder for some time now.

1 Like