How does one actually RP? Asking honestly

They sell everything, I just got back to and I am still not subscribing, just free trialing and trolling, it is a great combination of enjoying the game with a free experience and not caring beyond playing a few pvp matchs saying GG an moving on with my day, Heading to a Amusement park right now! Best of luck in the game guys!!
see you in the 29 pvp bracket, until WOW BECOMES FREE FOR THE WORLD!

CHEERS!

I wondering if you remeber…i mean this was WAAAY back, and I think the guild got banned after some forum complaints, but my buddy loved RP and was in a guild called something like, Bastards of Thrall. And they all pretended to be the illegitimate children of Thrall and would constantly fight in the Org about who would succeed Thrall. It was too funny.
Only got to see it a lil bit just by making a lvl 1.

2 Likes

No I don’t remember but I can imagine that chat back and forth would have been hilarious.

I hope the Ooga gang roll rppvp. Those trolls would make a great addition to Grob. They are already notorious !

I do remember there was some big invasion of Org planned.
I created a level 1 to see it. Chat was full of “The Dwarves are coming. Man your battle stations. Protect our Leader”. Players came from all over and Org was chock full of players ready for battle.

1 Like

This is what has really been slowly degrading the quality of gaming for the past 20 years.

What? Yea. No. I’m not getting into this flim flam.
20 years ago i wasn’t big on paying a sub but it’s honestly worth it. To me anyways. we all make this choice. Good luck with your crusade.

1 Like

So Take these broken Wings and Learn to Fly Again Learn to live so Free
When we here the voices Sing, The book of Love will open up and let us in.

Free players are Knocking Open the gates of the Dark portal.

Per a blue post that came up with the RP-PvP server rules were supposed to be announced by this weekend, but I haven’t seen anything as of yet.

Rivon…by ruleset they just meant rppvp.

Don’t worry about making things complicated. For the most part, play as you normally would and don’t interfere with people in an active RP session. Feel free to hang out and watch, just don’t do it in between two people obviously having a /say conversation. If you want to RP, reach out to other RPers in a whisper ((and if you want extra credit, do it like this with two brackets so they know you’re speaking out of character)).

Let them know you’re brand new and would like a chance to get your feet wet. Some people can be a little elitist about it and expect everyone to know all the rules without being taught, but most folks with cheerfully help you get acclimated. It’s pretty easy with a little practice, and the friendly folks are reasonably forgiving about newbie mistakes. Best way to get into it would be to join a small RP guild that’s willing to take you under their wing. You can find some really cool folks hanging out in those and you’ll remember them for the rest of your WoW days (shoutout to Eternity’s End of Twisting Nether!)

Addendum: I can’t speak for other servers but on TN in TBC most public channels were OOC. General is “supposed” to be in-character -I think-, but trade is trade no matter the server.

2 Likes

oh lol. Its too early for me apparently

I use to use OOC then type my message, good to know the double (( is the standard. :+1:

Pretty sure Mr Free Play just wants classic to be a separate f2p game like eso or swotor instead of being included in our sub.

Oh, and here is some advice for rp. Start with a very simple character. I like “dirty farm boy just starting out in life”. I find it helps build your character if they are moldable so they can grow naturally through rp. Just my personal style though

3 Likes

Solid advice. When I first got into it I had way too much backstory for my toon which ended up conflicting with the lore because I didn’t do enough homework. It confused things.

This is great to know. I want to play on the RP PVP server but I don’t RP, I just like the community.

I have every intention of respecting the RPers and the rules of the server.

Edit: I see myself dabbling if it looks fun.

Here is a good writeup on RP

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Roleplaying

I always wanted to rp as a rowdy drunk dwarf

2 Likes

Yeah, so did I. I was a mess when I first started. I learned though. As long as you aren’t disrupting an event or trolling most rpers are happy to help a newbie. Some guilds will help guide you through it. It’s very fun.

One thing to keep in mind though that is different is joining guilds.
Some guilds are very into RP while others are lite RP.

So ask questions and join guilds at YOUR level of RP that you feel comfortable with.

In general, rping means you are playing your character as if you are truly living in that world… instead of it just being a game…

Go to the Goldshire Inn on Moon Guard, and they’ll teach you.

I’m a pretty lackadaisical RPer, I approach it like improv. I make a character I like and then I try to imagine what they are thinking as they go about their quests and gameplay, how they might feel being an orc or a gnome or a mage doing thus and so and make up little stories about them as I go, and eventually it turns into a sort of personality for them. then I talk to other people who are playing in character and have my character interact with them based on that personality.

Other people like to write a full story ahead of time and know everything about their character’s background down to what their favorite color is before engaging with others, and check it against the written lore to be sure it doesn’t break any canon. It depends on what you are most comfortable with and how far you want to go with it really.