How do you solo Viscidus now a days?

All the guides I can find seem to be out dated now. Im a prot paladin and not fully sure how to solo this fight now

Frost oil on a low weapon doesnt do anything. I tried the snow toy and couldnt get him still

I think I did a weapon enchant that deals frost damage.

3 Likes

There’s a toy a Christmas one that blasts people with frost… forgot it’s name but it use to work, might still do.

Or bring a frost mage friend.

3 Likes

To outdated, almost 20 years old content. You’ve got to be trolling the OP.

8 Likes

Good point. We should upgrade the frost damage delivery vehicle. Frost DK it is!

2 Likes

Naw. The slime has pet, transmogs and items for faction quests.

My point is that you should be able to perfectly solo content thats over 15 years old by this point. seriously.

14 Likes

Frost Oil, coldrage dagger, various cold wands for casters. I have an old bow from Wrath that freezes. It’s completely soloable.

5 Likes

Imgur

Alright. So what’s the solution for OP then?
Assuming Frost Oil is bugged or something right now.

4 Likes

solution…technically right now there is basically none that i know of outside of the other suggestions.

Errrrr, what?

I offered legit advice. There’s no trolling here. Does it suck that you need some form of frost spell? Sure. But others had already mentioned about the toys and enchants. All I did was offer another alternative. I mean, at least some people may have a friend or two in game. Hopefully…

9 Likes

Seems to be my only option. I couldnt get toy to freeze or shatter him. The enchant works to freeze but im a pally so no daggers. Cant attack fast enough to get three shatters in

1 Like

People have literally paid me thousands of gold just to run them through this raid and help with Viscidus. In current expac.

1 Like

There’s a grey spear in north tend I Think from the village where you become one of the frost vrykul ladies that does frost. I use to use that

2 Likes

Try enchanting a low level weapon with Elemental Force (cheap MoP enchant). That’s what I’ve used in the past to solo it.

1 Like

Enchant one of the heirlooms with elemental force, that should do the trick. At least it did with me.

1 Like

You can, that’s the thing. Don’t gaslight people and act like it’s literally impossible when it isn’t.

Yeah it’s slightly unconventional but it’s like 5g on the AH, or just going out and finding one of the many things with proc frost damage, enchants even cover this sometimes.

2 Likes

There are weapons sold in Stormpeaks (IIRC) that do frost damage. They’re in the comments under the boss on Wowhead.

3 Likes

So the Endothermic Blaster doesn’t work now? It did for me last time - was very slow, I’ll grant you, but it did work.