How do you prevent the Profession Equipment auto-transmog?

Title. When you engage in profession activities, you get a buff based on your profession that auto-transmogs some of your gear to match your profession equipment.

Unfortunately, I find this equipment to be butt-ugly, and would rather just do Alchemy without having to take my helmet off.

2 Likes

I wrote a small addon that removes the buffs after I’m done casting. I’ll upload it to curse eventually if I can figure out the names of all the buffs. If ppl want to help out, I can finish the addon. I don’t have all the professions to see the buffs for myself.

1 Like

There are npcs you can speak to that makes the prof gear not show.

3 Likes

The profession people in Valdrakken and Ruby Life Pools have the option to not have the equipment appear. Theres a whole tutorial on it when you are going through it the first time.

1 Like

That’s supposed to work, but it doesn’t. Small indie company.

2 Likes

Works for me.

1 Like

Well, I guess that’s on me for skimming over text, though I feel like I would have noticed something like that if I passed over it. Who are these ‘profession people’? The trainers/vendors for my professions have no such option.

Yeah, that’s been fixed. I think you just couldn’t resist the chance to toss out what’s become an exceptionally annoying meme

(Yes, it’s annoying, even in situations where it is well deserved)

1 Like

Doesn’t work for me. I pick 1 flower and I’m stuck with a gardening hat.

This works… sometimes.

It’s not very well implemented, and frequently doesn’t work at all.

2 Likes

It’s not your specific profession its a general person. I know in the Ruby Pools its a female tauren you get your first prof equip from. Shes on the upstairs ring.

After every node?

1 Like

I have not had an issue since they hotfixxed it a week or two ago. Try disabling and re-enabling the setting.

Probably an addon interference.

1 Like

Specifically, Mahra Treebender. Three locations at the Life Pools, Forkriver Crossing, and Val.

1 Like

Yeah, no. The transmog doesn’t change until I enter combat. My addon removes the buffs asap.

I want to know if profession gear can always show or be transmogged? I have a panda skinner and he looks awesome with the hat and backpack

That sounds like your own UI issues.

You’d be surprised at how often an addon can actually cause problems as minor as this.
Disable everything, talk to Mahra to set preferences, then test it out. That way you can actually rule out an issue with the actual WoW install that might become a bigger problem later.

Or, be totally vain on the matter and run an addon you made that actually isn’t needed at this point. Your call :man_shrugging:

1 Like

What the game lacks, I solve with code. Fight me.