How do you pick your talents

Sweet Brown spotted at Darnassus

1 Like

Roll the dice.

If im leveling or doing quests I choose my own build. If im doing raiding or PvP I have certain builds for those. I’m still learning about talents so it will take a lil time to figure out what works best for me.

I have a small Capuchin Monkey that randomly selects my talents for me.

1 Like

Since my desire to do “harder” content is waning every day
 I figure that whatever I pick, within reason, won’t make much difference.

I will look at icy-veins or wowhead. Maybe talk to folks in guild. Then choose based on:

• Passive or active. Passive is better.
  • Is it something from SL or something I like? (I choose Divine Toll because
 cool.)
  • Maybe there is some interaction with something else.
  • Has a cooldown with something I already have and is instant? Then macro that into a single button and don’t worry about it.

Also I don’t bother playing more than 2 or 3 specs. Not gonna go through the forest to min/max any more. My Rogue is solo play only. No group content. Only used for Herb/Skinning. So not worried about talents. Just throw them around wherever, subject to the list above. Mage is the same way.

The trees are about what I expected. Some people in our guild really like them. Our best m+ guy has something like ~25 different load outs for different dungeon/boss/affix combos. He’s trying to get all timed 23s right now.

Me, I have one Ele PvE talent tree. Two PvE Resto trees. One for M+ and one for LFR/Normal Raid. Plus a PvP Resto tree. My Pally has a PvE Prot tree, and a Ret Tree. DK has one Unholy tree and one Blood Tree. That’s pretty much it.

Even more than other expansions I would just like to “pick one and be done”. I don’t enjoy going through the tree and trying to understand all the ins and outs. Though to be honest it is better than I expected it to be.

Oh well. Bottom line is I’ll adjust to whatever Blizzard decides, and then tweak my gameplay and expectations accordingly.

1 Like

I go out of my way to avoid activated abilities. Passives as much as I can.

1 Like

I copy a build then tweak it to fit my play style over time. I see what I enjoy and what I don’t.

1 Like

Pick a suggested build, run a sim, change a few things around that I like, run a sim, tweak, run a sim. Rinse and repeat.

1 Like

Passive passive passive passive increases [main ability]'s damage by x % passive passive passive

3 Likes

I use a monkey.

2 Likes

I pick what sounds cool and fits my play style, regardless if it’s optimal or not.

1 Like

Wowhead and copy paste. Once you get comfortable then you can change out certain things but most things are like a must have anyways depending on what you are doing

Like depending on the dungeon wowhead tells me to take a talent that makes touch of death hit 4 targets and I’ll switxh that out for Xuens Fury for dungeons like CoS where the pulls arent very big anyways so it doesnt matter

Simple:

https://tenor.com/bBUHa.gif

1 Like

I never use guides or recommendations from “streamers.” I read through the talents and pick the ones that sound fun and have synergy.

Look at the end talents first to see which ones I want most and then make my way down to them with talents I find mandatory and then branch off to the optional ones

And adjust accordingly