How Do You Not Get Bored As Tank/DPS?

My friends have all been playing dps only for years and rarely tap into tank and very little into healing. As a healer it just seems so boring to play dps as every fight just goes like a cookie cutter and you keep recycling, same for tanks and their rotation and routes? No shade is meant to be thrown towards tanks/dps, I’m really just curious as to how you can play dps for so long and still enjoy it.

3 Likes

If anything i get bored healing. Love dps and i hate tanking because usually your dps sucks so even though you can survive more it takes longer to kill mobs when solo

3 Likes

The most boring thing about DPS, to me, is the wait time for queues.

For the most part I heal LFR and tank/heal dungeons, with the exception of my Fury Warrior and Destruction Warlock.

For me it’s just, the gameplay is satisfying. I love watching my warrior wail on enemies, and my Destro lock is a scrub gearwise but still tops the DPS charts in LFR. So many crits, so many chaos bolts, especially now that I have my double leggo and 4 piece tier bonus.

It’s just taste and preference, and what you are looking to get out of your play time. I just enjoy making big numbers no matter what I do, while looking as good as possible doing it. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I enjoy healing because there’s always something different to do. Like you need to heal, damage, cc, and do mechanics. Whereas dps/tank you mainly just dps/cc/mechanics

I tried looking at the numbers, but then I realize I’m not top dps and just wanna go back to healing lol

1 Like

Why bored of just tanking and damaging when you can get bored of everything! maniacal laughter

2 Likes

I don’t get bored because there is no such a thing as it being the same ,the situation is always changing.

1 Like

Very true, mainly bored of dungeons. SL dungeons are some of the worst ones ever made :stuck_out_tongue:

The way I see it is that there is either single target or aoe, is it different?

I usually do NOT care about damage meters, but my warlock and warrior specifically bring something out of me that makes me want to see big numbers. If I am not on the top of the charts, it is motivation to get to the top of the charts.

But the top of the charts in LFR is still bottom of the barrel according to most people. :rofl:

I’m the opposite, to be honest. I just couldn’t get into healing. I would get bored and try and pop off a damage spell now and then. I’m impressed by those who enjoy and excel at it.

Only way i found not to get bored was to never take my tank and healer alts into anything group related

True, when I do LFR people are doing 2k-6k dps somehow lol

Well I mean healers are kinda just supports instead of healers nowdays :confused:

Meaning you don’t do dungeons?

Tank naked, minus your weapon (and shield if warrior/paladin).

Yeah ,just when you have the rotation right something whine up different either your distance is to far or to close ,this changes everything even mana being but needlessly.

Not on my tanks or healers. No point.

:eyes:

I might actually be interested in dps again if they added back in mana as being a thing :thinking: , but I’m pretty sure 99% of dps don’t want that

But, healers are fun :smiley:

1 Like

Now,that’s serious tanking.

Not if they have to dps at the same time. I still have my healer and tank alts, i just dont do anything group related with them.

Yea I kinda hate having to do dps, people say you don’t have to but then someone in the group will yell at you for not doing any damage :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oh geesh they still doing that? They need to stop that.

Still doing what?