How do you guys manage to play every day?

I open up Valheim instead.

1 Like

Getting the look at that sweet, sweet Draenei booty.

1 Like

Honestly… I don’t

Hoping that will change come Dragonflight pre patch when I get my hands on Dracthyr >.>

1 Like

Nothing good on t.v to watch so I can only play to have something to do! :rofl:

But honestly, I have several alts with different goals so really depending on my mood and time I have I pick that one for the day.

And if not feeling up to doing anything in WoW just sit the day out until I feel like it because the last time I thought I needed to be on everyday that led to burn out and a month long hiatus.

I’ve been doing my end of expansion cut back. Coming up soon I’ll probably be putting in 60 hour weeks again… and I don’t Mythic raid or am a content creator.

Really it boils down to the goals you have in game. Need more money? Farm and do this or that. Working on collections? Go do this. Working to get your achievements that are going away at the end of the month?

Personally I’ve finished all my goals except a few. I’m about 400k away from double my expansion gold goal. I can get that before the end of the year. Really can get it by the end of the month if I actually tried.

I’m still farming some zone mounts that I want, but only doing it with 1 toon. I’ll probably switch over to the 12 starting in S4. Just to make sure I get them. If all things go right, ill be close to 675 mounts which is 25 over my expansion goal.

Still need to do the pet battle and gathering achievements. Haven’t even started on those yet.

So yup… goals.

That’s my secret, Cap, I don’t lol.

In all seriousness, at this point in the expansion, there’s no point in “giving it my all”. I have heroic down on both accounts, don’t care about mythic on this expansion, and I’ve cleared most M+ up to least 20. I’m good. I’ve experienced Shadowlands, and now I’m just in maintenance mode until DF hits

I play WoW for a couple hours minimum every day. For me it’s that I just enjoy the game, I have an alt of every class and still keep up with my main Shammy. It might help to try something new, play the crafting game a little, or try to “git gud” at a spec you’ve never played before.

Low expectations, little pets and a genuine appreciation/enjoyment for the world they built (for exploring).

I love to explore the various expansions and find little hidden spaces and things. The underwater area with the giant seahorses, the faerie ring with the sprite dragon event, etc.

:cookie:

2 Likes

Idk I turn music on and I get lost in the game. Pretty easy.

Through. /10char

I go trough same issue. I dont level alts due to limited time i do have to game. If i get too that point, i take a month break. I always come back. Right now i came back about 2 weeks ago after taking almost 2 months of break to play other games.

I always have things to do. I work on my own projects. Last night I decided it was time to get the Frightened Kodo, and I did, in 2 hours.

This is a thing.

If your time is too limited and you just do chores trying to get to the fun stuff, you’ll just burn out.

1 Like

It usually helps to play with a goal in mind. For me, as an example, I’m prepping for Dragonflight. This means I’m farming gold and finishing the alts I need to level, but it also means I’m devoting a bit more time than usual to chasing down mount farms, etc.

1 Like

When I start to do this, OP, it’s a clear sign it’s time to break for awhile. It’s how I eventually finally quit EverQuest. Spent more time staring at my character screen than actually playing. Sometimes the signs of burnout are hard to see.

1 Like

Honestly nothing about this game is appealing.

Feelsbad.

Granted i play solo because of my inability commit to any regular play time to do raiding or M+

1 Like

Friends.

It helps if you have a goal. I usually play Blood Elves but I’ve decided to play Void Elves for DF so I’m leveling them right now. As for new releases, the fun for me is following the story line.

But you are right, you have to have something other than just the tactical part of the game.

1 Like

I set goals outside of repeating the same instances for gear with slightly bigger numbers.

1 Like

Three things keep me in this game.

1. The social aspect of it. I’m disabled and don’t cope well with people face-to-face, but in the context of a game where I only deal with them via chat or Discord, I can manage.

2. Addons - I write them, I modify them, and I test them for other people. As a test-bed for practicing coding it’s not a bad place.

3. Helping others. I spend hours sometimes setting up WA or macros for people, tutoring them in the different APIs in the game in Discord, showing them how to get the most out of their rotations, explaining and showing how different instances and encounters work. I get a great deal of satisfaction giving back to this community I’ve spent the last decade and a half in.

2 Likes