How do you gear up for PvP now?

Really ? … thank god . Thanks !!

Purple gear is a mix between the covenant campaign gear, honor gear, and 1 piece if conquest gear. Just gotta do the covenant campaign quest line, then farm a bunch of unrated/rated pvp for honor/conquest.

1 Like

Covenant gear is terrible for PvP …don’t waste time on it

2 Likes

Been told 100 different things and I don’t even know anymore. Ready to throw in the towel and be done with WoW permanently.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth, I joined a pvp guild and was told by the leader to buy full pvp gear and upgrade it to 197 by farming normal BGs, then get into YOLO Rbgs with full 197 pvp gear. I’m wondering if there’s a faster or more efficient way?

1 Like

Bgs from 50-60, 15k honor for blue set, upgrade to 197, run rbgs to conquest cap, use cp and vault to buy ilvl 200 gear, use rating from rbg to upgrade gear to 226.

1 Like

Might try this on next hero I level up. Already 60 so too late for this one.

Pro-tip: Queue for all three BG types at once and your queues will chain pop one after the other. Regular, epic and brawl.

1 Like

Big true. The only reason to get the campaign done is for renown 22 for the pvp gear upgrade. The time you spend upgrading the campaign gear is time you could use farming honor.

Very much this!

I was always curious - the bonus honor icon is only on small BG queue button and brawl, but on on epic. It does apply to epic, correct?

It’s applies for all and always … the bonus icon only shows up if you have not won that BG ( whether random , epic or brawl ) in that day .
I don’t know why that is so

Well, not to rating shame anyone, but Battlemaster is 1,000+ rating higher than the person who told you covenant gear isn’t worth leveling. I might take that into consideration if you’re getting confused over being told opposite things.

Grinding out full 197 honor gear takes forever, and is totally unnecessary if you’re trying to do ranked. I farmed enough conquest for 3 pieces of 200 gear in one day wearing covenant gear. I’ll be mostly skipping buying honor gear all together as I keep doing RBG/arena and farming conquest. I got almost full 197 covenant gear in one day versus the week+ full 197 honor gear might have taken me to get.

2 Likes

My problem is / was my lock was just “meh” to me and I didn’t like it like I thought I would. Leveled them all the way up, can pull decent DPS, but find it to be trash (just my opinion). I just made another post in the BG forum about it actually if you want to take a gander…and a goose…or both…who am I to judge?

There is no best way as it largely comes down to your ability and your class. There are plenty of classes that can reach 1400/1600/1800 in arena at low ilvls, assuming you can play at that level. Not everyone can, so your mileage may vary. If you can network or are already connected, you can get enough rating from RBGs. While less forgiving than an arena, you still need to be able to play at that level.

If you put in the effort, namely learning the ins and outs of your class and at least the basics of other classes and positioning, you should be able to play at the 1400-1600 level. But sadly that seems to be above average these days because a lot of players simply don’t care to learn the basics. Just don’t get discouraged when you lose. Someone has to lose and you only really lose if you fail to learn from it.

The weird thing about the guy claiming Cov gear isn’t worth your time is that you should be doing it anyway for the guaranteed renown. There is quite a lot of power from unlocking the last soul binds for relatively minimal effort.

I just didn’t like my warlock. I’m trying to find a new hero to play. I made a post about it. I thought for sure “warlock was the one” but…just not enough sustain. I’ve seen other classes do the same burst DPS and have more sustain and livability. Was thinking warrior, druid or paladin.

You don’t need to do the Cov campaign to unlock renown, the catch-up mechanics in place makes renown shower from the sky from literally everything. From world boss to dungeons, Callings to BG’s …

Do world quests give rep with all covenants / guilds or?

World quests give reps depending on the zone you are in

Covenant quests are guaranteed to give renown with the added benefit of giving gear. It’s just efficient, especially if you get vers pieces. You also get a 180+ weapon, which lets you focus your honor on other low ilvl pieces first. You want ilvl first in pvp. A 197 non-vers piece will be much better than the 171 or 184 pvp pieces.

1 Like