How do you gear up for PvP now?

Let’s be honest here. How do you gear up for BG, RBG and PvP now days? I personally find it’s safer / more fun to get PvE items before doing PvP so you aren’t 1 shot nonstop. So how do you go about doing your gearing?

1 Like

I’ve been doing 2s to 1800 on alts then spam low cr 3s to get conquest gear and daily wins for honor and conquest

4 Likes

With fresh 60 gear? That’s kind of bold.

2 Likes

I speedrun the cov campaign to have at least a lot of 184s depending on how much anima i have

My new priest got to 1400 at 175, 1600 at 185 and now she’s 1750 at 200 so almost there :smiley:

7 Likes

I’ve been doing it all wrong. xD

1 Like

Level 50-60 doing threads of fate in BGs exclusively. By the end you’ll have a stack of honor and enough renown to rank up your full honor set to rank 4 (though not quite enoigh honor to do so). At that point you are less likely to get squashed in 60 bgs than you would in the PvE set and you get to go back to farming honor right away.

2 Likes

Its easy… sort of. First honor cap before 60, buy full pvp blues, grind honor and get 22 renown for 197gear, join rbg yolos for conquest, and finally push rbg to upgrade gear. Getting stomped as a fresh 60 helps you learn the class imo and i would never recomend using the pvp gear bc its a waste of time you could be farming honor, and the gear has little to no vers.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s sad how little the vers is on the blue pvp starter gear. I agree with that 100%. There’s PvE gear that has better vers on it.

1 Like

There is no easy way around it other than to just grind. You will die but by the time you Get the 197 gear its not so bad. When you do rbg yolos the gear gap is actually pretty fair for the most part. I forgot to mention that the 226 ilvl BOE gear from the AH with Vers(3 pieces for every class) helps A LOT. Happy hunting and embrace the grind. I hope gearing wont be this bad next major patch. Cheers

2 Likes

I won’t hold my breathe, but one can dream. I honestly am beginning to think they knew this expac would have a content drought so they’re prolonging it with long bad grinding and will “pull the cord” early for the next expac. That’s just my thoughts though.

1. Upon hitting 60 buy full ilvl 168 gear on the auction house with versatility + your favorite secondary stat. This should put you at 15% vers or so.

2. Get PvP trinket set as quickly as possible with honor.

3. Grind regular BG’s to get daily win conquest and honor. Make sure you do weekly quests and the 1000 honor quest in Ashran, etc.

4. Do Torghast to get a legendary.

5. Once you’re ilvl 190+ join rated BG YOLOs for honor /conquest farm.

3 Likes

^ What Battle said. OP I dinged on this toon Friday. I no-life grinded since then. Feel free to check armory to basically get an idea of what fresh gearing looks like. This toon is a little more geared than I usually start doing RBGs on Horde-side, but he’s pretty much ready to get started with low cr games Ally (I hope lol).

2 Likes

When I dinged my toon to 60 too. So how exactly did you get all that purple gear and how do I go about doing that? xD

Buy carry’s from gladiators in 2’s and 3’s arena. That’s the easiest way though it will cost some gold.

1 Like

I’m not a rich Dwarf.

2 Likes

You play epic BG’s non stop to farm honor . It’s much easier on alliance side with the bonus honor .

It’s been 2 days since I got to 60 on this one . The grind is not bad. The only thing which really sucks is Torgast . You have to start from the bottom rescuing Baine and the other clowns yet again . I may not even get a legendary because I am sick of that place .

1 Like

Yea torghast and the maw rep. Seems so sill for the maw rep to not be account wide.

You don’t need to finish that quest chain to get a legendary. If you finished layer 8 on your main you will have access to layer 8 on your alt. Just do the wings to get Soul Ash and make your legendary. No need to rescue clowns.

I’m still trying to do the Fae campaign and I’m ready to bleed out of my eyes and stuff myself into a high powered wood chipper. The grind is crazy to me. I had way more fun in Wrath and WOD.

5 Likes

As soon as you start pumping through arenas they give you honor like it’s candy. You can either upgrade the Aspirant’s gear to 197 that way, or buy conquest pieces and upgrade them as you reach 1400, 1600, 1800, etc.

It’s a lot easier than I thought it’d be starting out.

1 Like