How Do You Feel about SL Cinematic?

I am returning after a semi long hiatus. Just getting into Naz/Mechagon and dusting off my favorite class, DK. I also just watched the SL cinematic.

How does everyone feel about it? I don’t mean to necro old threads if this has already been discussed, but I absolutely hated it.

Bolvar Lich King looked pretty badass but he got mollywhopped by Sylvanas of all characters.

It immediately rewatched the WotLK trailer to purge it from my mind and replace it with images of how DK’s should be.

How is everyone feeling about DK theme and class lore going forward into SL Expac?

4 Likes

Bolvar didn’t time BOS properly so he got wrecked. He should have been watching his boss mod.

From a story telling point the fight is to show just how strong Sylvanis has become.

I’m ok with it simply because we will finally see more DK content.

7 Likes

I didn’t necessarily mind Bolvar losing, just wish it wasn’t so one-sided.

10 Likes

It looked like her weekly farm for the mount. Definitely should have been more back and forth.

7 Likes

Seriously. Bolvar didn’t even damage her. She just looked annoyed the whole time. I think DKs might care more but it seemed like they just trashed one of the most important bosses in the game.

8 Likes

Sylvanas made a deal with something. Something that’s been feeding her a portion of every soul sent to the shadowlands.

For close to 8 years every soul slaughtered on Azeroth has had a piece of it fed to her power.

The Entirety of BFA was a power up so she could rip reality apart. We are lucky Bolvar survived.

I think people overestimated Bolvar…

He’s not the Arthas LK, he had no Frostmourn. He took the throne and the crown but never really fought so he probably didnt even knew fully his own powers.

2 Likes

Hope that might change with the Forge of Domination, I really want Frostmourne to return for real anyway. And if Bolvar gets both Frostmourne and the Helm of Domination repaired, he’ll be more than set to face Sylvanas and the Jailer. But if he needs more souls to get on her level when he gets Frostmourne, not too much of a problem since we can gather various evil souls from the Shadowlands for him.

2 Likes

Frostmourne not doing a come back that is certain, pieces been used already. As for the helm I doubt it as well, but some new form of item is sure to come to put the dead on hold.

At this point of the story, the amount of souls collected by Sylvanas after all these years out counts Frostmourn for sure.

The hilt still remains though, and I think that won’t be a problem if we give the Forge owner the Twin Blades and Frostmourne’s hilt to reforge it with a similar process to Shadowmourne. We can even haul up a lotta Primordial Saronite to give to the Forge too. And since the Helm of Domination’s gem is still intact, even with the helm ripped apart, I think repairing it could still be very possible too.

2 Likes

Im sorry to say, but man you’re still living in the past there. Gotta move on?

I hope classic Wotlk servers comes out for you.

I’m more annoyed that Sylvanas is in just about every cinematic in this expansion, and apparently types BAGUVIX and HESOYAM in every single one. But see, this fight wasn’t even a “defeat” since she didn’t actually hurt Bolvar much. She basically just used Binding-Shot so she could pull off the helmet, but a hunter shouldn’t be able to just confidently walk up to the Lich King, ghost his minions, and just snap a finger and complete the objective. And what kind of hand-me-down Lich King uses a mace???

5 Likes

Yeah, as cool as the hammer was, Frostmourne would be far more awesome. And I’m annoyed at that too. Sylvanas really needs to be in a cinematic where Bolvar just culls her so badly after giving her a good beatdown. And I won’t even mind if it happens in the raid fight against her.

Classes dont exist… they are game mechanics not game lore.

Are you referring to the GTA cheat codes?

Nah, he forgot that you can’t use a 2H as frost anymore so the only thing he could do was auto attack and cast remorseless winter.

1 Like

Compared to Arthas, Bolvar ir a weak joke of a Lich king.

This will set things up for Bolvar to be our guide through the shadowlands. I wish he had been allowed to do some actually damage but right now the story demands Sylvanas be presented as this invincible evil force that the players need to level up to face off against.

2 Likes

You articulated it much better than I did, thank you haha.

1 Like

Ever since Arthas died, Blizzard has been trying to build up Sylvanas as the next big bad guy.

Warcraft 3 and Frozen Throne is way too good of a story to end with Wrath of the Lich King and Blizz knew that Arthas was their last greatest villain.

That’s why now you see Shadowlands not only bringing us back to Northrend but continuing it’s story, bringing back Uther etc.

EDIT: So to sum it up: No one’s ever really gone.

1 Like