How do we message community council members

I guess to plainly type it, the “customer is always right,” is in truth an attempt to convince the customer that any ideas and sales the business wants to make are to be presented as the customer’s in origin.

While the phrase is not an absolute truth itself, it must at least be honored if a business wants to fairly play ball in most markets of sales.

The hard part is that without really taking this apart as its own thread, the issue is that Blizzard does not ever seem to even consider the phrase, “the customer is always right,” to be at all possible.

linking threads from the community council should be good enough. which you already did. it gives them a notification.

1 Like

That’s the neat part, you don’t.

Except the OP literally did. By linking the thread it notifies the original council member who created it. If that person wants, they can come chat here.

That is the point of the forum notifications. Just like you get a notification that I replied to you.

1 Like

Perhaps Blizzard could have a note somewhere that tells their customers said notification happens on a thread post link?

I think the single biggest issue with Blizzard is that so much goes unsaid, such as this forum link post ability, as well as their general choice to not post on their own forums and to form the Community Council instead.

If there were some way that the forums could actually tell us as customers that’s how we do contact the CC, instead of having to figure it out for ourselves?

This is part of the problem actually. Blizzard formed the Community Council and apparently made sure to leave out how the playerbase gets a message to said CC…

Optimism is often short-lived.:neutral_face:

The 1st blue response beyond the stickies looks like a nerf request to me.

I have no opinion on whether it should be addressed or not, but isn’t it beyond the scope of what the representatives are supposed to do?

Wouldn’t a bug report be the correct route to take in this particular situation?

OP asked for a way to contact individuals personally. That’s what we’re saying. It’s good they get forum notifications if their thread is linked, but there’s a difference between forum link notifications and personal DMs.

You have a good point. I think they assume that people are aware of how the forum software works.

That you get notifications for various things such as a direct reply, a person quoting you, or a person linking to your post/thread. You also get notifications for system messages and penalties.

I assume it was just an oversight, but I can also see that maybe they wanted to go a bit slow and not have everyone linking/pinging the CC members to the point it can be overwhelming.

Not everyone is an avid forum goer - which cuts both ways. It means people who don’t normally come here don’t know how to ping a CC person, and some CC folks are not used to forums so would be drowning - they prefer the Class Discords and such.

I try to help where I can - but I have been a forum MVP for a lot of years so my main role is just answering questions like this.

Well, they do get a personal notification to their forum account.

Unless someone gives out personal contact info, DMs are generally a bad idea and lead to harassment. If someone wants to provide input, it should be in public here where folks can see and discuss. That is why CC is required to keep all the feedback in the open, discuss it there, and Blizz is to reply in the open.

It defeats the purpose if people are taking things to DMs and it does not result in a forum post for discussion.

6 Likes

I’m happy to read things here and add them if I agree. I referenced an existing thread that I pulled some ideas from :slight_smile: keeping up with this though!

4 Likes

Do you think that fact was a factor in your being put on the council?

I can see it both ways.

I mean, just a sticky forum post in GD stating that if you want to ping the CC members on a thread, just link their thread into yours?

Or would that overwhelm most CC people?

I am personally of the thought that the CC is just Blizzard going from ignoring its playerbase to ignoring the 100 of the CC.

It sure fits the Blizzard Modus Operandi that way.

I mean, I and I think at least a few others have been trying to ask Blizzard since October 2005 in my case to please take WoW seriously, and yet they constantly don’t try that hard.

Shadowlands story and presentation of such has largely fallen flat, so it’s no surprise to me that myself and many more have unsubscribed, and I renewed then cancelled because I was fooled by their handling of SL.

I for one hope and would love to see Blizzard take WoW and Azeroth seriously, to actually craft a story and game that is one and the same and fun.

I just don’t see how Blizzard as it is now and has been in the past ever figuring that out.

Anyone that has worked any customer service knows the vast majority of the time the customer is wrong… very wrong.

The method for contacting comunity council numbers is exactly what you did right here. Posting in General Discussion stating clearly in the title that the message is intended for them. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do I think that being an MVP for years is part of my selection? Yes. I won’t lie about that. I have been an MVP since 2013 which gave them a LOT of post history across different Blizzard games to go on. Makes it easy to know that while I can get snarky or sarcastic on occasion, I am generally pretty level headed and helpful. I am also consistently active answering questions. I have zero other social media, streams, discords, etc. So they don’t have much to dig through. I AM sort of one of the average forum folks. Just a bit moldy and mossy.

Do I think I make it easier on them sometimes? Yeah… I am here answering questions about the Council instead of them. I am happy to explain forum software to people. Explain policies, how to use various web ticket, knowledge base, or in game systems. Etc. I enjoy making little charts like how the changes to game time purchases work.

SHOULD I do those things… Great question. Someone has to help the players though and it makes me feel like I did some actual problem solving for the day when I can do that. Esp for tech issues. Those are still my favorite puzzles to solve but I am not the best at it anymore. I tend to do CS/game questions more often.

If people were respectful and used it only when they had something constructive like this thread? Sure. What is the risk for abuse though if people start flooding the forums with quotes/links? The CC is going to just mute and ignore.

Maybe I just assume the worst and people would be respectful. My personal experience is that people don’t seem to try to bother me outside the forums so maybe they would also be reasonable with pings for Council members?

This thread now exists so the info is out there regardless.

5 Likes

They get a forum notification like we get for replies and likes.

My point is no one should be able to DM anyone here.

Agreed. Nobody should which is why they did not turn on that function. I can’t imagine it going well. The forum notification is personal, but not invasive.

I’m pretty sure if people on GD don’t see, not only, immediate results from suggestions/ideas posted from the CC forum, but also ideas/suggestions they like. The same few people on GD will continue to complain that the council is a waste.

There are a few people in GD who still have a hard time understanding that listening and agreeing aren’t the same thing. Blizzard doesn’t have to agree to the things posted here or on the CC forum.

Exactly! That’s what I’ve been saying. lol

thank goodness you cant.

1 Like

Hi

I appreciate you listing an option to fight the boss on Timeless Isle for those of us without the cloak but what I would really like is the opportunity to do the questline and get the cloak. The cloak’s ‘legendariness’ can be disabled, I don’t care about that part but I would really like to experience the story.

Same with the ring questline in Draenor.

3 Likes

Yeah I think FOMO cosmetics are fine, but FOMO storyline / content isn’t.

Look at mage tower - it was, in a way, both. Same with MoP and WoD challenge modes. I’m sure people would love to go back for the challenge of it. But the people who did it as current content shouldn’t lose their prestigious cosmetic rewards.

There are other examples of FOMO cosmetics that shouldn’t come back throughout the history of the game.
AOTC Mounts and T3 gear are two examples of this.

Some of the FOMO content that should come back, to your point, is those two legendary questlines.