How Do Players Disappear During PvP Combat

I’ve been having this happen to my account since BfA. Sometimes, in Warmode (or in the Deathmatch Arenas like Darkmoon Faire or Gurubashi) I’ll be fighting one or more Players and I’ll be getting their health down, like typical PvP combat tends to go. However, on increasingly more common occasions, sometimes a Player character which I am actively attacking will all but vanish into the void. Normally, I just dismissed this as “Oh, they used an invisibility potion and somehow managed to speed themselves away from my cleave. Whatever, sore loser I guess.” However, having played my demon hunter for a while, I got wise to this and started using Spectral Sight more often. And what do you know, whenever this “disappearance” happens, the player may as well have deleted their character from the game world. There is not the slightest trace of them. The story is almost always the same on the occasion that it does happen.

1. Player in PvP combat with myself realizes that they are losing. Starts to make a bit of distance between us.
  2. Player stops moving (the character is usually still in running animation) and they become impervious to all attacks and damage.
  3. Character vanishes from sight, and it’s not because of a “get-out-of-combat-free” ability, potion, trinket, etc. I use Spectral Sight to confirm that their character has completely vanished from the game world.

My suspicion is that they are somehow abusing sharding to rip themselves out of one shard, onto another, somehow taking advantage of the group-finder to do this. What I do not understand, however, is how they can do this while still being in PvP combat. I’ve let this go, chalking it up to various things over the past few years, but it all came to a head today when some special individual managed to do this while in the Darkmoon Deathmatch arena at 7:00 PM realm time on Muradin, Warmode Off. I understand that it’s not outside the realm of possibilities that they used a group-finder custom group with the leader located on Darkmoon Island to shard out of the shard I was in to avoid death in the arena, but I checked the group-finder custom groups currently up and saw only one (without auto-invite on) listed. So, the feasibility of using this to successfully realm-hop mid-combat seems slim to me. The individual in question was an Undead Shadow Priest named Villav-Blackrock, which to my knowledge, that class/race combination has no combat-dropper abilities, and I used spectral sight to confirm that he had indeed not simply gone invisible. (I reserve the right to mention names if you’re gonna pull this shi-- malarkey on me, by the way.) To my knowledge, I haven’t seen any forum posts discussing this exact issue, so I’m curious to see if anybody else experiences this every once-in-a-while. It’s incredibly aggravating.

TL;DR Player characters sometimes vanish into the shadow-realm, never to be seen again during PvP combat. I confirm that they haven’t used some sort of invisibility potion or class ability by channeling Spectral Slight for its full duration. Where do these players go, and has anyone else experienced this “bug” on any occasion?

1 Like

BG or dungeon queues.

4 Likes

Right now sub rogues are the main cause of this problem sometimes a double tap from a MM hunter is to blame aswell. Hope this helped.

1 Like

??

More likely, arena skirmish queue. 10-15minutes on bg or dungeon sometimes, less than 1 minute for arena, sometimes even instant.

so you can basically, get into trouble, quickly queue for arena skirmish, arena skirmish queue pops, and you take it portaling you instantly out of a losing wpvp scenario

Arena queues … they queue up then engage .it pops every 30 sec to 1 minute

1 Like

I’ve been seeing this happen for years but only looked it up now. Just had a rogue jump me and then disappear when I started kicking his butt. It’s honestly such a cowardly thing to do if they’re actually queueing up for an arena just to get out of being spanked. If you’re gonna be a ganker be prepared to face the music when it doesn’t go your way.

Or, just continue to do anything you do and don’t listen to what people think. <3

That’s what happens when they zone out. They joined a dungeon/bg/arena. If you really want to kill them, you can wait at that spot and they’ll zone back in after they’re done (unless they hearthed out inside the dungeon or something)

1 Like

Not always … I have waited many times at the entrance of the maw looking at the Alliance kill squad standing outside , go into a BG and come out to absolutely no one in sight .

You were probably just put in a different shard than the one you were in.

That’s their point

Taking a queue and hopping shards can yank you out of a combat situation. Had a pet battle take me out of a fight once in BFA.

Just worship Kimbul! He always saves the day.

Yup, just worship Kimbul. That’s all that needs to be said. Horde only though. :slight_smile:

Oh are we still running away from PvP by dropping that BfA quest?

Absolutely, what’s more satisfying then denying someone a kill? ;D

So last night in the maw I was cruising along and going to go fight the shadehound. I was riding through a ton mobs and had aggro but had yet to be dismounted. I saw a pally and I thought I bet this guy tries something. I pass him up and I was like dang guess I was wrong. Just then I get hit from behind with a range move. I stop for a second and flip my camera around. See him and target him. Ofcourse he has me targeted and I guess decided to take his shot.

So I go back and charge him. But I still have a ton of mobs on me as well. He blows all his cds on me and I get him to about half and he messes me up to I say about 20-30%. I’m like nah u aren’t getting the satisfaction after I gave u a pass initially. So I heroic leap out and get safety for a few seconds to heal. I come right back in and he was like oh man I’m in trouble. Because after a couple hits by me he disappeared. I was like ahh he queued up for something. Told myself I’ll wait a couple minutes in hopes it was just an arena skirmish. So I’m chilling and sure enough about a minute or so later he shows back up. I proceed to charge him kill him and plant my flag. Moral of story is pvp happens. There’s ways out of it also. Many have used it and I have as well here and there. If u really want a kill or justified for getting revenge or whatever chill until they come back. People worry to much about dying in an imaginary world. This is a video game. It’s not that serious and I doubt in the grand scheme of things it’s going to affect u.

Funny story I did that once. Was owning a few people they were mad so more and more came to camp me. Got my body back killed 2 BG Que popped and joined. Had fun owning it up in the BG then Bubble hearthed right before the BG ended while fighting (also hilarious) as you probably don’t see to many ppl hearth in a BG. So this way I didn’t leave the BG and be surrounded again in WPvP. They were waiting too I flew back latter they were there, I just chuckled at them from above. Gotta use your head.