How do people have so many spark crafted gear?

Just wondering how so many people have so many pieces of spark crafted gear? I only have 3 sparks. And unfortunately i wasted them on the wrong gear. I was dumb and followed icy veins. Now im stuck way behind everyone and cant catch up. Where are they getting all these spark of shadowflame from?? I thought players can get more than 1 splinter if they fall behind?

I dont have a guild to help me. Everyone is very secretive about the mechanics of the game and i feel like im just wasting time and money. Is there a place i can read ACCURATE information?

Blizzard makes it very hard for newcomers to understand the game so that other people can feel like they are winning by destroying the players that cant find a guild or get help.

I’d recommend Wowhead over Icyveins personally. Wowhead has a comprehensive guide on how to earn the sparks with all the sources and catchup methods. One thing that is a recent addition and is missing from that article is you can buy half a spark from Evantkis in Valdrakken next to the Great Vault. He sells it for 6 Aspect Tokens of Merit, which you can earn by filling 3 of your vault slots in one week.

I do agree the game is really dense and not the most new player friendly. If you are interested, I would recommend trying to find a guild or community that are new player friendly. If you need a place to start, maybe try here: New Player Friendly Guilds Check In Here!