How do meeting stones work in classic?

When I look them up it basically says it would auto-invite people to your group or something? I never played classic so I’m not sure what all it did but what are the meeting stones going to be used for?

They’re used for…

wait for it…

wait for it…

meeting people!

5 Likes

They’re all but useless.

They were coded to be a very primitive LFG.

You could queue at the stone (and then eventually an innkeeper) and the game would auto-add members of suitable level. It first it was totally random and you could get 5 dps or 5 people from the same class. It eventually got a little more refined.

I don’t think hardly anyone used it since it was so poorly implemented. I never did.

3 Likes

They don’t.

1 Like

Now I feel I remember this maybe I looked at it in BC?

All i vaguely remember was meeting at the meeting stone by deadmines. And thats about it lol

1 Like

From what I read innkeepers are supposed to give you access to their ghetto LFG system as well, but I never used them in vanilla.

Currently in classic the stones don’t seem to do anything at all.

The stones, they do nothing!

5 Likes

You stand beside and wait for what seems to be an eternity

They don’t.

No they literally do nothing except tell you the level range of the dungeon. I just logged into the beta to check and that is literally all they do.

You can use them as a place to coordinate your group meeting so that you can all run into the instance together, but that is all they are good for.

1 Like

The meeting stone is something that is outside the entrance of a dungeon / raid. When one arrives, one would wait for another group member to come and click the meeting stone. From here the meeting stone can then be used to summon other party/raid members.

Other than that, pre dating a certain period. The meeting stone was basically a marker that the entrance was near.

1 Like

Did they really tell the level range on the dungeon? I remember them only stating the name of the dungeon. Maybe it did once it actually had the useless LFG tool on it.

Yea, might as well take the lfg thing out since most people use chat channels anyway

Despite what people say meeting stones werent random. You would queue up and it would try to put a class that could heal a class that could tank and three others in a group. They had two major problems. First no one used them because people said no one used them. Second after a while the system would give up and try a healer and four others. After a bit longer it would give up and throw any five people together.

For low level dungeons meeting stone will be great if people actualy use them this time instead of spamming chat. For high level dungeons you will still want a premade or just use it to fill in dps slots.

2 Likes

The issue is that everyone need to go to the dungeon in advance and click on the stone which can be in a very remote place. It is much more convenient to look for a group through the chat.

Is the World / Global channel in beta?

Interesting. I wonder if Blizz is not going to add the dungeon finder feature to the stone because they realize how useless it was or if they’re adding it later in the beta.

This would definitely be a change from Vanilla. I wonder how the #nochangers feel about that.

in classic if its like vanilla they will be used for nothing because they were not implemented. They were in the game they just didnt work.