How do meeting stones work in classic?

The stones would put you in a que like the inn keeper thing I believe.

To say “hey, everyone meet at the stone”. Also something you can see from a distance that lets you know kinda where the entrance is.

They could be used to auto queue for that specific dungeon as early as 1.3.

They are GREAT for pillaring people in PvP!

i dont remember that but its been like 15 years. lol

I’m not surprised. I don’t think I used it more than once.

Yea they could be. another guy posted that he logged on and it just showed the level for the dungeon, no queue

The global channel after Vanilla if I remember correctly. Really can’t remember when. You can always create a channel yourself named Global though.

I remember there was at one point a global “Looking For Group” channel in Vanilla that they removed at some point, I thought it was the TBC pre-patch.

I doubt they will be adding that feature. I don’t ever remember using it even once and they have already said that there will not be an LFG feature, and I think meeting stone queues would qualify as such a feature.

In any case innkeepers do not have a queue option either. I can learn more about a dungeon, but there is no queue option for it.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Meeting_Stone

Wasn’t that “Looking For Group” channel always per zone?

IDK if they did, but they show the level range now.

Every night at 7PM server. Hot coffee and baked treats brought by members. We open with an affirmation, share stories about our struggles and close with the Lord’s Prayer.

2 Likes

Its a place for mandatory guild meetings that occur at the most inconvenient time and date… Just like the empty building in the dwarven district. I am so glad those arent a thing anymore.

They are used as a meeting place for me to summon lazy pieces of garbage. Also LFG was always a channel I believe, at one point they just changed it to auto join the channel, which ended up spamming everyone and they quickly changed it.