How do I transfer a character from an inactive account?

I am trying to xfer my lvl 19 hunter from this account to another one but i cannot access the shop or do the transfer online. I have done without an active sub before, is it just not possible now? If so then that is some next level greed Blizzard

1 Like

I’m afraid many of those services had to be moved from the site. Character Services are now available through the in-game shop, you should be able to access it on the character selection screen.

You may still be able to access it there, though if not contact our Support Department using “Purchase Failure”. Live Chat should be available and they may be able to grant some game time so that you can do it.

5 Likes

Log into the account, but not the character. Look for the Shop link at the character select screen.

It may need you to log into the character if you haven’t in a long time, but since they’re under level 20, that shouldn’t be an issue :wink:

1 Like

I cannot access the shop on the character select screen on an account without a sub
Edit: where do i access the live chat? i only see where i can open a ticket and id rather not wait 24 hours if i dont have to

1 Like

Try this link:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/167/channels

1 Like

whelp my internet is too slow to upload my id and the # on the acc is an old one. Thanks activision for nothing guess ill have to wait for the ticket. Should not be this hard to give a company $55

So log into the character and do it from the in-game shop?

Your internet being slow and you not updating your phone number with Blizzard (not activision) is hardly their fault/issue.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what another publishing company has to do with us or your slow internet, Kandijah. I’m sorry if you are unable to upload the needed verification because of your internet speed. The normal ticket system should be able to help though as queue times for account related issues are under 12 hours, closer to 6, last time I checked. Hopefully we’ll be able to get to your request quickly.

The account the character is being transferred from is inactive, so unfortunately they cannot. We can usually help by granting a day or so of game time though.

3 Likes

You can’t order transfers from the in-game shop on a character. >_>

1 Like

It looks like I was mistaken on the estimated wait times for this particular issue and it seems that it was addressed in about 30 minutes. Glad to see it, Kandijah. Good luck!

3 Likes

does it cost money to transfer the character from the inactive account to the new active account?

Yes, it costs $25 to move a character between realms, WoW licenses and/or battle.net accounts.

You will need to have both accounts active before you can transfer any characters though.

2 Likes

They don’t necessarily need to be active, but to transfer the character often needs to have been recently logged in.

In those situations, it may be possible to contact our Support staff for a day or so of credit to allow the person to initiate the transfer. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good to know, thanks Vrak!

2 Likes

I opened a ticket seeking this, but it appears this is no longer something that is done for players. :frowning:

This post was before the tokenized transfer system was released, there is a known issue with account to account transfers, I think still being looked into.

1 Like

It is something that our staff is sometimes able to help with. It is not guaranteed though and the history of the account is taken into consideration.

I am sorry that we were unable to assist in this case.

4 Likes