How do I go about taking over my guild?

I’m playing on Season of Discovery on Living Flame, and my guild master and just about all my guildies quit playing at the end of season one. When I look at the list of people in guild and their last log in, all of them have been off for over a month. I helped found this guild, I’d hate to leave it.

You might need to double check if it works the same in SOD, but across most of the wow iterations, you need to be of a sufficient rank to tank over, if you are not, you would need to either reform or join another guild.

5 Likes

You’ll have a dethrone option if you’re of rank 2, 3, or 4 in your guild and the GL has been offline for 90 days.

It is possible someone else of eligible rank has the option pending but you must wait for that to expire.

5 Likes

So I gotta wait another month and a half huh. Thank you for the reply.

1 Like

No, I don’t believe it’s that long. That timer is only if they’re the sitting guild leader, but Vrak is likely to confirm soon.

1 Like

The Dethrone option should be available in Classic Era and Wrath of the Lich King Classic as far as I know, so it likely works the same in SOD. I believe it is a bit quicker on Hardcore, assuming the guild leader character is dead.

Basically, if your guild leader has been away from the guild for long enough (90 days), and you occupy a rank that is able to dethrone, you’ll have the option available.

If you are not in that rank, the person hasn’t been away long enough, there isn’t any way to take over the guild.

6 Likes

Thank you for confirming. Guess I’ll start looking around.

2 Likes

Well thats a little blood thirstyi want gm of a guild im in im high enough i just hunt dow the gm if he pvps lol.

1 Like

CS is wrong. You have to challenge them to Mok’gora and win obviously.

5 Likes

I’m sorry, but I chuckled. Thank you for that.

4 Likes