How Do I Disable Lua Errors?

Google says to go to the help option under interface, but it’s not there anymore.

I use a macro to toggle it on and off-

/run if GetCVar(“ScriptErrors”)==“1” then SetCVar(“ScriptErrors”,“0”);print(“Show LUA Errors: Off”);else SetCVar(“ScriptErrors”,“1”);print(“Show LUA Errors: On”);end

12 Likes

To disable the lua, you must accept a loa.

27 Likes

What are Lua errors anyway? I get them too. I assume they’re related to my interface addons?

Can also be related to macros, but yes. Something in your interface is bugged.

1 Like

Update your Addons and they will go away

Not true. My addons are up to date and still happens sometimes.

4 Likes

TIL (according to google) Lua is portuguese for moon, and is the language used to program UI elements in WoW. Neat!

1 Like

Really? I have never had it happen unless I had out of date Addons… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

You’re just lucky then! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You may have updated your adds on but your add ons may not be upto date with the latest apis.

Turn them off one by one to see which one is causing them.

1 Like

They’re all up to date, and I still get them /shrug…

That is like, so weird, maybe try disabling them one by one to see which is throwing it off?

You can also try to read the error it’s throwing, usually can spot the add-on in it

Yep, this here, what the handsome fella said

Better to find the error than to just mute the error message. If the cause is an addon and it usually is, give the addon developer a heads up.

Lua is a programming / scripting language.

When you get an error, something is usually wrong in the code that made your addons / weak aura. It could be that it’s out of date and certain parameters don’t mean anything anymore (like code for aspect of the viper on a BM hunter), or it could be something is typed wrong in the addons / weak auras / etc. Could be a number of things.

As an example, if you try to import a weak aura that was designed for BFA within Classic, you’ll probably get one of these errors, because the code doesn’t apply to classic.

/console scriptErrors 0

because this is is back with 10.0

9 Likes

This following only enables and disables the LAU error notification, not the error itself, before disabling the notification make sure it is not a persistent error (one that is continuously counting), if this happens and there is no update for the addon, consider disabling it.

/run local k,v = “ScriptErrors” v = C_CVar.GetCVar(k) C_CVar.SetCVar(k, 1 - v) print("ScriptErrors " … (v == “1” and “Disabled” or “Enabled”))

found this code looking for a click to move off toggle, found this

/run local k,v = “autointeract” v = C_CVar.GetCVar(k) C_CVar.SetCVar(k, 1 - v) print("Auto Interact " … (v == “1” and “Disabled” or “Enabled”))

and just changed out autointeract for ScriptErrors and it seems to work, it also displays enabled/disabled in the chat window.

I also recommend using Macro Toolkit (can key bind macros without putting them on the action bars).

1 Like

Licensed user agreement =LUA. means that Wow hasnt accepted this version for current :slight_smile: