How did Senegos die?

he’s an immortal dragon. Alexstrasza is just as old. as is Nozdormu. but both of them still appear young. one of the titans’ gifts to dragonkind was immortality, so how is it that a dragon can grow old and die? it doesn’t make any sense. at all.

1 Like

I dont get it either. We know the dragons gave up their mortality in CATA for…some reason.

But I also dont get why the Aspects aren’t aging at all while Senegos was in a retirement home spa when we first met him.

3 Likes

Perhaps it’s something Blizzard wants to change. Perhaps, it’ll involve the aspects losing their powers, as apart of this Dragons gained the ability to die from age, or something to this effect. Senegos has been suffering from old age since Legion already, so it’s possible they simply forgot, but are now fully implementing Age as a factor now.

I believe Senegos says in either dialogue or quest text that all living things age and die, but notes that the aspects work under “different rules”. Dragons are extraordinarily long lived to the point where they’re functionally immortal from our point of view, but true immortality may be something gifted only to those designated as aspects.

16 Likes

It could also be that Senegos was way older than Malygos. I mean Alexstrasza’s first prime consort was said to be older than her. Before his death obviously.

1 Like

Who says dragons are immortal? They may be long lived, but that’s not eternity.

That’s why they lay so many eggs.

Ah yes, MoRtAlS, thank you for your assistance. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to die of old age

2 Likes

I’m sure the Dragons were oblivious to the fact that they themselves were Mortal until they started dying of old age but were so used to calling other Races by the term Mortals that it became a force of habit among their kind.

The fact that Senagos’s Tombstone mentions his death being of old age despite him dissolving into Arcane Particles says a lot about how they die. Seems like the Dragons still are Elementals in some respects.

6 Likes

Dragons aren’t immortal, they just live ludicrously long. Only the Aspects are fully immortal. They literally reexplain this in the new quest chain.

2 Likes

This is another fact people don’t get. The Aspects aren’t the oldest dragons. They’re just the first Dragons uplifted cuz they helped Tyr kill Galakrond. There were presumably older, non-blood related proto drakes who formed the first generation of dragons alongside them.

This is also why the whole “dragon incest” thing thrown around in the lore community is incorrect.

6 Likes

Like Shredow said, the quest chain literally says only the Aspects are immortal. Normal dragons are just ridiculously long lived, but not immortal. Senegos is stated to be the oldest non-Aspect dragon, and he himself says he’s artificially extended his life via magic when you choose the dialogue option to say you can save him.

4 Likes

The fact that Senagos destabilized into Arcane Energies due to old age despite slain Blue Dragons leaving behind a corpse indicates there is a process that eventually dooms Dragons into destabilizing into the Magics they embody that only death by injury can stop.

I’m sure the energies that destabilize the Dragons’ Bodies are the same energies that provide them with Visage Form considering Saragosa and Kairoz’s corpses were in the Visage Forms they were in when they died.

The power of Shapeshifting kills the Dragons it seems…

1 Like

I think it’s more that he felt himself dying of old age so he flew into the arcane beam of his own will.

2 Likes

Sometimes you guys just overthink things
This is a game that has teenagers and children playing, if Senegos parting is to be something special they would do something flashy, running into the mana stream and turning int arcane shower to inspire the next leader of the enclave( stella) was a total artistic choice.
He could simple die a normal dragon death animation, that would be boring and uninspiring…

7 Likes

Click X to doubt.
I actually don’t think teenagers or children are playing WoW anylonger.

MMORPGs have been a dying genre for awhile, and WoW requires quite the attention span. At best you get young adults in their early twenties, but largely I bet people are a bunch of 26+ year olds at this point, and that is being generous.

Dragons aren’t immortal.

They just live an extremely long time. So long in-fact that no one has seen a dragon die of old age.

Yeah yeah we know that the ppl who plays wow are old guys with a life full of problems and they use this virtual world to escape the horrors of reality we all know that, you are probably one of these old ppl…
Still this game is rated for teenagers to play, if you have a child and want to play with them you can, if you want to show this game to a cousin or nephew you can, that what i meant, that wow still has to play by rules of how the game is rated. So no gore, no dragon dying of sifilis or ppl gettin their heads on pikes at the gates of orgrimmar.

So sparkling bubbles is a better show off to a dying dragon.

1 Like

Nah.
I just don’t think that MMORPGs really appeals to younger gaming audiences this day and age. A dying genre that has become largely stale, slow and boring.

I am well aware that American teenagers are thought to be rather fragile little beings.

But yes, WoW’s age rating is a huge mistake. As far as I am concerned, it should be changed to better fit its actual audience.

The only reason WoW is still profitable is because it has a majority audience of 26+ year olds.

WoW came out when most of us were young adults ourselves though. The rating fit perfectly for the time it came out. Which was 19 yrs ago mind you. People like me, who been playing since launch, were 19-20 yrs old back than. Some of us literally grew up with this game

1 Like

He’s trying being dead for a year for tax reasons.