How did Lilian Voss get killed?

Is there any explanation for how she got killed while she still alive? Thinking about all the stuff she’s done as a Forsaken, it’s a bit odd to think that she somehow got killed to begin with. I just have trouble reconciling her getting killed off by the Deathguard or some other Forsaken force in Tirsfal Glade.

1 Like

There’s no record on what killed Lilian. It’s unclear if the Forsaken killed her either, considering they probably would be hesitant to raise a Scarlet. If she was buried in Deathknell, then something else probably killed Lilian, and the Forsaken just dug her up later. On the other hand, Valdred Moray died in Silverpine and was then raised in Deathknell, which suggests that that location was being used as a sort of hub for new corpses. That would leave the possibility open for Lilian’s death by the Forsaken, only to be transported there later.

In short - it’s anyone’s guess what did her in.

1 Like

I’m not sure exactly where, but I remember something being mentioned about the Forsaken bringing bodies from elsewhere to be resurrected by Val’kyr in Deathknell. If my memory serves me correctly, that would mean Lilian could have died anywhere within the vicinity of Tirisfal, Silverpine or even the Plaguelands so the possibilities are fairly wide but no specifics have every been provided.

Whatever killed her, I can tell you that she’s lost all patience with the Alliance at this point, and is quite an enthuisast when it comes to teaching them the error of their ways.

4 Likes

Voss said Thomas Zelling was a hero for saving Derek Proudmoore from Sylvanas.

9 Likes

Windrunner and Voss have some procedural differences in opinion.

1 Like

That’s not necessarily true. She all but states she’s been given an offer she couldn’t refuse in regards to serving the Forsaken. To her credit she’s at least making the most of being forced into servitude by actively helping new Forsaken and even their still living families upon request.

4 Likes

She’s very much an enthuiast when it came to setting up the Horde’s base in Tiragarde Sound. She’s dead right in one aspect though, the Kul-Tirans of Bridgeport are morons.

2 Likes

I think it’s actually exhibited in the first quest. Valdred Moray and Marshal Redpath were both killed in Silverpine and Hillsbrad respectively, and they’re both raised in Deathknell. Since it’s unlikely they were buried deep in the heart of the lands of the people that killed them, it suggests that bodies of the fallen are brung to Deathknell.

5 Likes

It’s never really explained how she died, and I don’t think even she remembers, honestly. If she was killed by something else, it would need to have some serious skill and power, given that she basically carves a swathe of destruction through the Scarlets by herself. Taking her down would have been a notable feat for pretty much anyone, she’s dungeon boss level when being MCed in Scholo, after all.

I’ve suspected that she may have killed herself, and doesn’t remember that, or has locked away the memory itself. She seems to have been pretty young when she died, and was raised to be a living weapon beyond almost anything else the Crusade had in their arsenal. She displays, when she’s calmed down and less murderous, a level of empathy that many Forsaken these days don’t have, so in life she could very well have been a pretty good-hearted person raised to be a killer, and was very tormented by that.

1 Like

I get the distinct impression that she was killed by the Scarlet Crusade because she was simply too dangerous even for them; or because she was reckless. What the crusade had made her, scared them, so they nipped it in the bud
early on.

I would hope this was before the Forsaken had claimed Lordaeron, because then burying her body where it was, was just foolish.

Or, it’s just one big plot hole. :confused:

3 Likes

Scarlets may have even killed her off too. She was “too dangerous in life”, whatever that means specifically, they might have just killed her off or sent her on a suicide mission to get rid of her. There’s no definite answer though.

6 Likes

I just figured she either was killed in a zerg rush or just had a moment where an opponent got lucky and got a fatal hit in.

I always headcannon’d that Voss was actually killed by the Death Knights in their starting zone and her corpse was later retrieved by the Forsaken and transported to Deathknell (considering she was introduced in Catacylsm and Death Knights in Wrath, the timing fits).

Would have been a neat Easter egg if Blizzard had her appear as a named mob during the final battle with the SC (even if done retroactively).

6 Likes

This actually makes sense to me.

The Boys in Jersey said that “she slipped on soap in a shower”

:):grin:

Presumably she was one of countless victims of the Scourge.

1 Like

My guess? The plague.

Caverns of Time places all of the Redpaths just outside of Stratholme when the plagued grain was spread.

Marshal Redpath was an Alliance NPC in Southshore before the Cataclysm revamp, of unknown relation to the Redpath family (possibly just coincidental names). He died, presumably in the bombing of Southshore, and was raised at the same time as Forsaken players made after Cata, only to be put down when he tried to start a coup.

6 Likes

It was hinted she was killed by the crusaders themself because of her inner powers were dark or “heretic”. Another possibility is that she was killed during the Avalon invasion and likely died at the hand of some Dk from Acherus or any raid boss from Naxxramas.