How Did 8.3.7 Manage to Break Everything?

Add-on management doesn’t affect how add-ons affect the game itself - all management tools do is download them and copy the files.

I haven’t discounted the very real possibility that Blizzard made some API change that caused some add-on to cause issues - but since they removed the ability to see LUA errors without an add-on loaded to re-enable that option (ironic, isn’t it) I’m betting things like this are going to have far less user feedback to help Blizz pin down the causes.

Yes, to Overwolf, but for now Twitch’s add-on management is still active. Again, though, it makes zero difference to the game’s performance.

Exact reason for me asking - i havent been playing recently.

Ah, the two aren’t related. I was using a torrent client when I noticed that issue last night, and also noted that when the download finished (totally legal I promise officers!) the frame hitching stopped.

It may be something related to the way the game interacts with the PC’s networking. It certainly wouldn’t be a bandwidth issue, as I had only around 10 Mbps being used of a 100 Mbps fibre connection at the time.

I also don’t keep any add-on managers loaded in the background btw. I just load 'em up every few days or so to check to see what’s in need of a new download.

1 Like

Just thought id ask, sometime the littlest things can cause big issues.

1 Like

Oh no. We push out some new code and found some unexpected bugs. It’s, like, the end of the world. That, like, never happens.

And always good to do so - that’s how bugs are solved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Allow me to explain in song…
99 bugs in the code in the game
99 bugs in the code
You take one down
Patch it around
100 bugs in the code in the game

1 Like

I only got 8.3.7 on the PTR the night before it went live. It did not break cameras or anything like that until it went live.

I had a fun one the other day, fixed a bug and it deleted the code from the file. This is why backups are a thing.

1 Like