How dedicated are you to no changes?

It wont Binquiboo. Mat just likes to think that it will be a huge impact. You are playing a game with a finite ending that literally prints money from thin air. The economy argument only holds up so long because even with the 50g respec cost there will come a time where there is absolutely nothing to spend your money on. So either way I guess it would be a wash.

1 Like

Thinking about them remaking WC3 and dumbing it down for accessibility makes me sad.

The only changes I would concede to, is retuning early content, and getting rid of exploits like some of the dungeon soloing certain classes can do that weren’t common knowledge until private servers. I would be ok with that because Blizzard fixed some of them during vanilla, and I feel they would have fixed the others had they been discovered.

Chants … “re-tuning! re-tuning! re-tuning!”

Agreed, if it weren’t for custom games and map makers being around and them also upping the tools for that, i wouldn’t buy it, or play it. The game was fine how it was, and it’s not like new people who don’t know or care about warcraft franchise are going to buy it because it’s a little more accessible.

Blizzard HAS said that they will be two different games.

Whether that means two different clients, I do not know. I would guess that they would be two different clients due to the different data, though. That is just my opinion.

I believe that Blizzard has already indicated that this will NOT be happening.

I believe that they have said there would be no interaction between the two games.

I believe that Blizzard has indicted that what is obtained in one game remains in that game and does not affect the other game.

People have options.

They can always purchase a time card.

They could even install retail and farm the gold in retail to buy those tokens to pay their sub.

Blizzard never offered a an option to use gold to pay for your sub during vanilla.

2 Likes

That is a social function/feature that was added well after vanilla.

If I am correct, Blizzard has stated they that may, or likely will, break add-ons that replicate “later added social features”, or social features added post vanilla.

It remains to be seen how far they will take that policy, but I would not count on add-ons like oQueue and vQueue working.

Yea i vaguely remember this around mists??? I never used the add-ons oQueue or vQueue but I loved Openraid

Lol omg Openraid, some one else remembers that website! I used it all the time to pug achievement runs. But both those addons you said worked on P servers that are Vanilla, so they might be around once more, i do know the creator who made Vque version was active in early 2018.

It’s not. But it’s a feature of BNet.

which means that someone can in fact take their classic gold/items etc and trade them for any other bnet item. Including even classic game time.

I think a modified version of vanilla would have huge potential to be a lot of fun for a much longer period of time. I don’t care much either way though, I would play regardless.

Exactly. If the Classic AH does not allow for sale of the tokens, which is how Blizzard should have it, then there’s no influx of gold into Classic. So the Token remains exactly what it is now:

• Means to buy game time for a WoW Account (which is both Retail/Classic)
  • Means to buy other items from the Blizzard Store including character services and non-WoW products
  • Means to buy gold on the Retail servers

The flip side is I can also take my bnet bucks and buy gold in classic, it just won’t be officially supported :stuck_out_tongue:

I want classic mechanics with modern amenities like decent graphics, mount, and pet tabs.

How would you do that without the ability to sell them on the AH?

im not a purest im just glad to be playing a better version of wow then retail.

and reliving my old 2hd enhance days.

Very easily, someone gives me X gold in classic I give them X bnet bucks.

Except there is no mechanism to transfer BNet Balance.