How Cruel Can You Be Blizzard?

Giving us this sweet War Within set, and we still have to be in Dracthyr form…

5 Likes

Didn’t read all the info that came out, I take it?

1 Like

The one that says that you can be in visage form “while playing the new classes”? It’s understandable to read from that that Evokers are excluded, which makes sense given the dracthyr specific animations.

I’m upset that the gear sets STILL DON’T MATCH the colours we’re restricted to.

3 Likes

Yup, really dumb they keep making Evoker tier sets with color combos that don’t even fit with our existing dracthyr armors.

Take the blue variant for example. If you want to make a blue dragonflight theme for your dracthyr, your options are blue and silver dracthyr form armor, but they went and made the blue variant of the tier set blue and copper instead, completely clashing with the available dracthyr armor.

They need to change that bronze/copper on the blue variant of the tier set to silver in order for the shoulders and belt to not completely clash with the racial customization armor for dracthyr.

2 Likes

Mind enlightening me?

EDIT: Just seen your other post, but I can’t help but notice that it says “other classes can stay in visage form”, which implies that Evoker won’t be able to.

I’d be so fine with it if they completely separated visage and dragon transmog so i could just not care about it not matching.

1 Like

This is a lot of work to put into it for them to exclude Dracthyr.

It’s all presumptuous at this point, but my guess is that’ll have the “Dracthyr” works still transform you but auto shift back afterwards .

I personally find the concept of making a Dracthyr but not wanting to be Dracthyr ever strange, but to each their own.

2 Likes

Are you saying that it would be a lot of work for them to make Evoker not turn into Dracthyr? I don’t think so if that’s what you’re saying. Most of the spells that you use when shape shifted from toys or consumables looks passable.

If I could be Evoker any other race I would, but I can’t so here we are :smiley:

The dracthyr leaders should have a huge role to play in the Worldsoul Saga. It’ll, of course, start with The War Within.

at this point if there going to double down on the awful decision that is forcing evokers to stay lizzardboi and not let us stay in visage then they should have the decency to make the class armor show up when we are our lizzardboi. whats the point of class armor when 90% of the time all i see are my shoulders which will never go with any of the barbershop armor colors. i sware i remember them saying they were going to do something with the armor for our lizzards and not just half@$$ it

1 Like

I assume you meant to type evoker.

It would take 0 work for them to exclude evoker. Other classes don’t require the dragon form for their animations, and they’re just not coding any of their abilities to forcibly transform you. That’s why other classes will be able to fight in visage form.

Evoker, on the other hand, would require more work to fight in visage, they’d need to design new animations for the visage form so it doesn’t look janky like a costume does.

They might do this work, with enough feedback. But i don’t expect them to without a lot of moaning

The one that says that you can be in visage form “while playing the new classes”? It’s understandable to read from that that Evokers are excluded, which makes sense given the dracthyr specific animations.

enlighten me on what other classes Dracthyr can be that make that post about them instead of Evoker please? The closest you can come is the intervew that said they are likely coming sometime in the expansion and yet the comment about visage staying permenant is going live at launch.

not to mention you can recalibrate yourself as an evoker and cast all abilities never reverting to dragon - its not hard to see them just using that code.

theres been feedback for that since beta. also its not even janky when you use stuff like breath and you got a toy on to look a different race. sure it looks kinda off but i will take that over having the lizzardboi form

i am painfully aware

Oh it’s janky. You’re doing a casting animation for things with your hands for spells that come out of your mouth. Deep breath has you flailing your arms as you float through the sky vomiting (we should keep that)

And you don’t have equivalent animations for hover at all, so unless you’re just running straight forward, you’re doing the default idle pose while spells fly out of your mouth and sliding across the floor like someone just used lemon pledge on it

2 Likes

i love that animation so much. the lack of animation for hover just looks like levitate. is it bad that i like the animations for visage better than the entire dragon form?

The post, which is the twitter post that mentioned the Dracthyr visage thing, was talking about Dracthyr being made available to other classes. That is where I read it from.

In a group Interview with Ion Hazzikostas, he confirmed there are plans to expand the Classes a Dracthyr can be in the War Within.

No timeframe was given but it’s likely near the start of the Expansion. He also said that you’ll be able to stay in Visage form in combat while playing the new classes

I’d rather them just make transmog work in dragon form. The entire reason for making a dracthyr is to be a dragon, I’m happy for the people who wanted perma visage (even if it might only be for non evokers) however personally I’d rather them not say “ehh whatever they have perma visage so now we have no reason to ever give dracthyr form transmog” because imo the dragon form is the one that matters more than the visage anyway. Why roll a dracthyr when you can just be an elf and keep your mog either way?

Really hoping somewhere down the line they reveal that they’ve been working on dragon form mog, but I suppose it’s not the end of the world if they don’t give it to us. I just really want that insane Deathwing tier set on my dragon form

4 Likes

Because Evoker CAN’T play anything other than Dracthyr. Look I would be down to roll another Evoker race if we could, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon because the lore literally makes Evokers just for Dracthyr.

Yeah I understand that, and as someone who wants non elf demon hunters I feel your pain. However I’m worried that if they do in fact give evoker permanent visage form they’ll use that as an excuse to not give the dragon form anything since the human form gives you your transmog anyway.

That being said, I do support the idea of giving evoker the option for perma visage (including other races for visage, too) but knowing blizzard it’s gonna be a monkeys paw. My personal preference between the two would be to work more on the actual dragon form, but who knows maybe they’ll surprise all of us

Difference in DH is that you can see your transmog, you are not forced into Demon Form every other spell.

Blizzard probably will never rework how transmog works on Dracthyr as it requires remaking all the armor to fit them.