How covenants could be

Using abilities in questing zones isn’t going to give you a good idea of what the ability’s like in M+ or heroic riding.

2 Likes

But… why?

That’s my question, why? Why did reforging have a cost associated with it? Why didn’t every item drop corrupted? Why didn’t BoA essences come on release?

You’re allowed to question Blizzard.

SING IT SISTER

2 Likes

Because it’s the only way to make it a hard choice really.

1 Like

It’s not a matter of being unwilling to “question blizzard”.
I LIKE that covenant’s are pretty set in stone. I look forward to it. Not everyone wants another talent row that has to be changed constantly for whatever content they do, I like that the choice will have impact and I’ll have to figure out how best to use what ability I choose in all enviroments.

1 Like

How do you get punished if they make it easy to swap? You can still stay with your covenant. Nothing changes there.

1 Like

Rather then campaign for the ability to swap convents, i maintain we should be campaigning for another talent row :expressionless:

Covenants are supposed to be a big story device for us, so i get them not wanting us to swap them willy nilly, but that also means, Blizz needs to take alot of the power OUT of them, and put them into our classes, or at the very least, move the covenant abilities into the soulbinds, and make the ability a more cosmic or interesting thing (like some of the racials)

At the very least if its tied to soulbinds, we have the ability to move them around, and each one having a bind thats decent for pvp, raiding, mythic+ and so on

EDIT: I fully understand why Blizz wants us to have to make a hard choice, but frankly, we have been riding this powered borrow train way to long, most of our specs are BROKEN without a exact setup, be it unlocking your Artifact to a certain point, or the correct azerite traits… and frankly i can see covenants being the same, so its fully understandable people would want to be able to swap them.

2 Likes

I’d also be completely down for that.

You look forward to it because you aren’t really pushing content. So the choice isn’t really going to be that impactful to you.

1 Like

Why does it need to be hard?

So you find it a hassle to change talents. You think covenants would have a bigger impact if you can’t min/max them.

Well firstly it’s fine to be finely tuning if you want your talents before what you do. You don’t need to, you can just do like what you said with covenants and pick the one that works the best most of the time.

As of covenants having big impact, I got bad news for you. IF we can’t switch them they will try to balance them the most they can, and that means nerfing them to near uselessness or atleast making it so picking one doesn’t feel worse than another.

I also personnaly don’t understand wanting your gameplay to be driven too much by borrowed power system. Is it because the class you play is lacking that you feel borrowed power systems is needed? I think that’s the case.

If classes had a lot of “cool stuff” people wouldn’t even look at covenants abilities. Sadly classes are barebone and need external systems to feel complete.

2 Likes

I put my suggestion here.

^ For a more in depth look at it. But the idea of it is for players who complete certain prerequisites in either Raiding, PvP or M+ be able to begin the process of opening up the ability to swap covenants. The casuals get to keep their RPG elements and the players pushing content get to swap covenants for what they think is a necessary switch.

2 Likes

Yes.
That’s all we’ve been saying.

I don’t think covenant abilities should turn into a glorified talent row. I’m fine changing talents within my actual class (and do obviously between pve/pvp), but it completely destroys the point of PICKING a covenant to stick with if it’s a glorified talent row. I don’t expect my gameplay to driven by “borrowed power systems” if anything, my reasoning is LESS reliant on that since it’s making due with the covenant you chose in ALL aspects. Maybe you should consider why you so desperately want to be able to min max a borrowed power system instead? Either way, I truly hope blizzard sticks to their guns on this, Mythic raiders are the absolute worst people to deal with in this game.

Because players want to have the best chance to reach Cutting Edge, Gladiator or even clearing +20 keys? Why’s that a problem for you?

4 Likes

Yup there it is, I’ve been trying to say the only reason people support this is because “fudge min maxer I want to hurt them”.

5 Likes

Because Blizzard intentionally leaves many classes weak and incomplete before such borrowed power systems are implemented.

Some classes simply aren’t even fun without the right traits/essences.

6 Likes

How does it destroy the point of covenants? They are small reputations that will not matter by next expansion. My faction, my race and my class matters way more than them.

This just show why they shouldn’t go this way. Most people just want this system to spite min/maxers. And with the way you interact with people on the forum, I think you have no high ground to stand on.

2 Likes

Alaundis wins the internet right here!

…Seriously, look at some of the classes in BFA and how they need a very exact lineup on traits, and the MASSIVE drop off if you dont have them.

2 Likes

You do know I have no power in this decision right? I said I liked covenant system how it is (and no, not because mythic raiders are a pita). None of you changed my mind, nor will you, I’m happy that this is a decision that will have some weight. There’s probably a few other people like that too.

bro you have a scarlet mog

2 Likes