How covenants could be

You get access to 4 abilities…

“Z Is really good for arena, but Y is great if you’re playing with ‘class’”

“I found Y amazing on ‘boss 1’ but not so great on ‘boss2’”

“I timed a 21 using Z, but I’m gonna try running X for the next 22”

"Y is great for ‘spec1’ but not so great for ‘spec2’

Why the heck would blizzard give up this opportunity for so much experimentation and fun. Even thinking about how awesome it would be trying out a new covenant in a new dungeon feels awesome.

Instead of we get

“I have X for BGs, Arena, Raids, M+, World content and Torghast”

Amazing.

5 Likes

Do it Blizzard

2 Likes

So, what you’re saying is, you want another talent row.

4 Likes

Yea

It would be great tbh, its about time we get a new talent row anyway

6 Likes

Absolutely. It will be the single change right now that make shadow land one of the best expac

3 Likes

Doesn’t everyone?

4 Likes

An opportunity to bring back Symbiosis. Literally who asked for it to be taken away?

1 Like

To be fair the part I hated was getting symbiosis when you’re not the druid. Having basicly a keybind only there for “what if the druid likes me today”.

You don’t need the expansion borrowed power to do other content, the class design right now is already perfect you’ll be fine teeheehee. /s

2 Likes

Or… Blizz finally owns up, and gives us a new talent row, its been a hot minute since we saw our classes gain new power that wasn’t a loaner.

If they did that, i wouldnt care if they made it so you couldnt change covenants ever… be THAT happy for finally gaining a new talent row…

1 Like

There wouldn’t be experimentation, no one would be trying to find new ways to use the other 3 abilities in X situation, the “best” would be the only choice and you either used it and kept up, or fell behind. Sure people would use the different abilities in different situations, but it would be expected they use that best ability, I like how it is now, you pick one, maybe because its good for PVP and you just realize it won’t be as good in pve (however it may have a niche role you didn’t realize). Vice versa or whatever reason you use to pick the ability, end of day, this discourages people from being expected to play the BIS (besides mythic raiders etc, they literally don’t count in this discussion.) and just it’s understood they have what they have.

2 Likes

FYI, OP is a mythic raider.

1 Like

You probably only have to worry about hotkeying it in progression raiding, and most teams had designated symbiosis I think. It is quite fun though to get or give symbiosis. Bring it back

The balance team :laughing:

Sucks for them, they are expected to follow the “absolute BIS” for raiding. Everyone else get’s to actually pick what they want unless they choose to tryhard (heroic isn’t going to need everyone to have X ability)

I was a Balance main at the time. I hated it.

Ok let’s play a game.

I’ll tell you a benefit and a negative of going to a system where you may swap covenant abilities freely then you give me a positive and negative of keeping them the way they are currently.

Pros: Everyone can experiment, I won’t need to keep my second shaman geared up in case they nerf a covenant ability by 50% randomly like EV.

Cons: Uh, player… agency…choice mattering?

Your turn.

I got a pro.

Pro:
I can pick a covenant i want to go based on visuals aesthetics or story reasons. Kind of like a game with RPG elements.

2 Likes

Why does the choice need to also come with abilities/benefits beyond aesthetic and narrative?

5 Likes

Everyone already gets to experiment, you use all of the abilities in the zones before committing to a covenant, and if you absolutely hate it, you can switch covenants with effort.

Swapping between the 4 spells for whatever BIS situation is a talent row, which isn’t what this is aimed to represent. They want the covenant choice to matter which includes the spells/transmog/legendaries.

Sucks to be a mythic raider, I have 0 sympathy for you. You choose to do this, enjoy keeping a backup character geared.

Edit: It’s also pretty cringe to keep replying with different characters talking to yourself. I’m glad these abilities are locked and I now hope you have to reroll your shaman 4 times during the first raid tier.

1 Like