How Can You Still Side With Sylvanas

Nobody cares, maybe Garrosh wouldn’t have been racist if the other races hadn’t sabotaged him at every turn, because they have no real understanding of the political structures of the faction they’re in.

This is just completely inaccurate. Garrosh attacked Theramore, Theramore was at war with him. They were funneling Alliance troops, resources and siege engines into the Barrens to force a second front on the Horde.

Baine blatantly betrayed his Warchief, and his faction. Baine’s actions placed more of his own people in harm’s way for the sake of letting an enemy keep a strategic point. One, mind you, that said enemy was using, in part, to strike out against Baine’s people.

A.) Yes they were
B.) Why, then, was Theramore providing a staging ground and military access to Stormwind?

Cool, so after he came to the realization that this war had to be won, why wouldn’t he simply strike down Anduin to protect his own people, and challenge Sylvanas to mak’gora. You know, an institutionalized way to challenge a Warchief with whom you disagree.

3 Likes

Because Sylvanas isn’t an orc, and has no reason to honor a Mak’gora.

You realize the only reason the Mak’gora worked for Cairne is because Garrosh, an orc, was honor bound to deal with it right?

Sylvanas is an undead elf, who has no honor, spits on the very concept of honor, and does whatever she wants whenever she wants, no matter the consequences to the people around her.

I did care that Garrosh was a racist. I really didn’t like him or how miserable it made me while playing anything on the horde that wasn’t an orc.

So my Horde character is a Forsaken Warlock. I chose pro-Sylvanas options on him because historically, while they may be members of the Horde, a lot of Horde would just as soon have nothing to do with the Undead. Even among their own allies they’re disgusting monsters. Sylvanas is the one Horde leader who has ever fought for Forsaken voices to be heard, for their needs to be met. So the way I RP, my Warlock owes everything to Sylvanas because she’s one of the only people with clout willing to fight for him and the rest of the Forsaken. The mindset is very Forsaken first, Horde second.

One of my great fears now that it’s looking more and more likely that Sylvanas is indeed Garosh 2.0 is that the Forsaken will be left without a leader and therefore without any zealous advocate and become second class citizens.

4 Likes

Because it’s the most relevant and impactful on the story.

If the world ended and we kept all our same characters, odds are that things would work much like they do now.

If we stayed on the planet and someone actually won, killed off a bunch of the opposing faction, it would be far more impactful on the story.

Hence why faction wars tend to elicit more focus.

Mak’gora is institutionalized within the Horde. Sylvanas, politically, couldn’t afford to back down from it without losing public support.

She references the Horde’s view of her in “A Good War,” this is one of the reasons she has Saurfang lead the attack. The people see him as honorable, they don’t see her that way. If Sylvanas were to back down, or off him, he’d immediately become a martyr and they’d oust her in no time.

Very interesting to note that you dropped every other (Wrong) point that you made.

Yet he send out most of his navy to stop Goblins from farming Azerite in Silithus because he got peer pressured. People like Genn could put a lot of pressure on him for attacking preemptively as well and its not the first time Genn goes out of his way under a strike first, apologize later strategy.

So a leader of the Alliance and the Alliance Navy with the Alliance Stormwind Admiral attacks and destroys the Horde navy, then continues to fight them across the broken isles, then directly attacks the horde warcheif = Alliance not starting a war with the horde. Got it, you have an agenda here.

3 Likes

It’s customary for a WC, not just an orc.

Because he was also a WC.

She still must abide by WC rules.

But we literally cannot conclude a faction war. Because of Out of world reasons.

Therefore, it’s extremely dull, because neither side is actually ever going to win. We can actually make advances, lose, win, ect. Againsts other forces in the world, because the story could still go on without screwing over half the player base.

Because Sylvanas isn’t a real person and this game is fictional? I enjoy Horde. I’m not leaving it b/c the writing got stale.

No, she doesn’t.

Sylvanas doesn’t abide by any rules that she doesn’t see as fitting to herself.

And no, it’s an orcish custom, not a horde custom.

Again, perhaps if he hadn’t routinely been sabotaged by everyone who wasn’t an Orc, he wouldn’t have been racist.

Plus, you’re playing on a Blood Elf. Garrosh specifically elevated Blood Elves within the Horde in “Tides of War,” at least, until Lor’themar disobeyed a direct order.

See, this is the formula.

Garrosh treats X race well.
X race causes problems.
Garrosh stops treating X race well.

I’m sort of afraid of this too. Forsaken identity is fairly bound to sylvanas. They can bait and switch her with loss or shudder Calia but it really wouldn’t feel the same unless they make it an entire expansion and do a good job with it.

1 Like

When the mana bomb was falling Theramore was a third party.

Just because Jaina is alliance now, doesn’t mean she was alliance back then.

She was decidedly neutral, due to her dealings with Thrall.

The split is between the Horde and the new Alliance lackeys. Now that Saurfang, Thrall, Baine and Lor’themar have joined the Alliance. Now all boot licking pets of the boy king.

1 Like

Or - just theorizing here - we can’t conclude a faction war because people always find a reason to get cold feet and make an uneasy peace.

Again.

But Sylvanas won’t do that, thankfully, and if things don’t end like everyone’s expecting - and she actually stays alive, much more keeps her position - then things will be very interesting.

Night Elves keep rioting about how “screwed” they got, so it looks like we’re beyond that point.

1 Like

I play belves, forsaken and trolls. I like tauren too but they’re kind of hard to get in and out of doorways.

She was literally letting Alliance military operations concerning the Barrens occur within her city.

When you went there as Horde, you were attacked by blue boys.

Absolutely not.

2 Likes

Again, this is just a lie. Theramore was not a third party, this is why Varian was mad at her for her dealings with Baine in “The Shattering” (referenced in “War Crimes”)

This point is blatantly debunked all throughout Cataclysm, since we see Theramore funneling troops into the Barrens to participate in a war against the Horde.

Stop lying.

5 Likes