How Can You Still Side With Sylvanas

It seems that the split between Sylvanas loyalists and the rebels will soon be forced to an end as your character will most likely be forced to oppose Sylvanas, why? Because she is EVIDENTLY in kahoots with N’zoth/Aszhara which is made out to be obviously evil.

Sylvanas has the dagger, the dagger that was left to “Serve N’zoths will.”

Horde players found the dagger after the raid and felt a strong compulsion to bring it to Sylvanas, regardless of loyalties. So N’zoth clearly wanted the blade in Sylvanas’ hands where she used it as a compass to send both the Horde AND Alliance into Nazjatar.

In the free stories on this site Sylvanas says to one of her dark rangers, after nearly murdering her sisters mind you, “In the end all will serve death, all will serve me.” Or something along those lines.

Mind you she also slaughtered her own people for wanting to live with their families and having hope, she said that kind of hope couldn’t be allowed to grow.

She has ALWAYS been evil and the game forces the player to be the anti hero at best, Sylvanas fans whined about the Saurfang quest being forced so Blizzard gave you a little flavour and spent time making special stuff just for you, and now you’re going to be forced back to the main track as a hero because Sylvanas is going to be made so evidently evil soon that even loyalists could not logically follow her.

Edit: Rereading my post I realize I kind of sounded rude saying Sylvanas fans whined for the quest, I myself did the Sylvanas quests on an alt and enjoyed them, my only intention with that point however was that Blizzard initially was having everyone on the Saurfang route, they’ve made multiple cinematics for him and have really been pushing him as the guy you wanna follow, Sylvanas fans were upset which makes sense but the point is your quest line wasn’t really intended to ever happen, it was just to appease you and make the story make a little more sense.

11 Likes

Probably because for some they can realize its a video game and be ok with siding with evil?

Not everyone wants to be the good guys

41 Likes

When that hourglass figure asks you to do something, it’s hard to say no.

So I’m told.

7 Likes

Cuz they’re thirsty. The end.

6 Likes

No I understand that entirely, I had a forsaken DK that I did the Sylvanas stuff on and enjoyed it, but now that we, the player, can see that she is pure evil as she is in league with an Old God, it won’t make much sense for loyalists to follow her, at the least when her actions are made clear as day for the characters themselves. Like, even if you’re crazy about Sylvanas, it just wouldn’t make any sense to follow her if she’s actively against you, which is almost guaranteed to happen at this point.

1 Like

I really just want to see the culmination of a greater evil plan come together and actually work tbh.

Garrosh was on the right track, but he ultimately failed and his plan of a true orcish Horde was simply not enough, at least for me in the end.

I am hoping Sylvanas actually makes something horrific happen, like unleashing N’Zoth and causing a world wide plunge into darkness. Or maybe absorbs the powers of Azshara into the Dagger or maybe even makes a deal with N’Zoth (we all know she made one once with Helya).

Is she really? Didnt see any recent news about that. If so then I am glad because I was hoping it would be something like that.

3 Likes

I mean it’s really hard to say that she ISN’T in league with N’zoth/Aszhara. Like she broke Ashvane out and took her away on a boat without any of us. After that we see Ashvane in Nazjatar commanding Naga? Seems pretty fishy I wonder how she got there, maybe because Sylvanas knows where Nazjatar is? She also obviously sends us all there knowing full well what would happen.

Pyromancer has a video on this which I found pretty interesting, you might want to take a look at that, although it’s his speculation. I leave that to you to decide

In the free stories on this site Sylvanas says to one of her dark rangers, after nearly murdering her sisters mind you, “In the end all will serve death, all will serve me.” Or something along those lines.

The thing is she could have but she didn’t, meaning there is still some “human” nature in her? I’m not too sure myself but if I were her, that was the perfect opportunity to get rid of the void elf leader Alleria, but she didn’t.

Mind you she also slaughtered her own people for wanting to live with their families and having hope, she said that kind of hope couldn’t be allowed to grow.

Yes it was cruel, this I agree. However, if you read the story closely, it was not her fault but rather Calia’s fault. She agreed to let them meet and greet each other BUT she did not agree in allowing her citizens to run over to the alliance side, let alone defect over to the alliance. That is my take on this. Both side is on the wrong for this in my opinion, Calia should not have provoked this and Sylvanas could have done other alternatives such as asking her dark rangers to take back the citizens rather than shooting them.

3 Likes

Teenagers…duh

1 Like

She hasn’t done a single bad for the horde thing.

4 Likes

Maybe they want to see what happens if their character does the evil side and don’t feel like watching youtube videos because everyone knows what happens if you do the good choice ahead of time?

Perhaps it is also because there are no choices in WoW.

If Anduin gets killed by a Dreadlord who takes over the Alliance are you going to start over at level 1 because your side is evil?

No I completely understand it, I’m not against Sylvanas loyalists wanting/getting their options, it simply makes sense for the story and makes the story a little better which is always needed. I more so meant that the intended route was Saurfang and the persistence of Sylvanas fans got them some flavour quests/text but it won’t really mean anything as Blizzard is most likely forcing Sylvanas to be hostile to ALL players, making it pretty illogical for evil/Sylvanas loyal characters.

1 Like

because being the bad guys can be fun, and right now sylvanas is unquestionably the bad guy team.

Speaking of being bad guys, I really hope holding onto the gift of nzoth has some kind of narrative payoff eventually.

1 Like

Takes mental note of traitorous language and tentacles growing from face

So far, so good.

I…doubt it.

Yea I agree, I feel like blizzard story writing is going this way and I indeed pray really really hard shes not going to be Garrosh 2.0 for Patch 8.3 “Siege of Orgimmar 2.0”.

I hope that will not be the case and we’ll only find out in 8.3 I suppose, unless 8.2.5 has some additional plot lines with regards to her. Only time will tell! Lets hope they have a “Redemption” plot for her in the upcoming patch!

Probably because she’s not a traitor.

Who’s best buddies with the faction we’re supposed to hate.

Who kills her own people because ‘muh honor’.

2 Likes

I mean, she’s going to betray you most likely…

Well, she will most deffinitly NOT be Garrosh 2.0 because, it wont be “Siege of Ogrimmar”. It’ll be “Siege/Defense of Thunderbluff” instead :D.

1 Like

Still took her longer to do that than Thrall/Saurfang/Baine.