How can you block someone who have their profile/activity as hidden on the forum?

Sometime I see people I wish I could mute/ignore on the forum but I cannot do it since their profile and or activity is hidden and there is no option to ignore them, so how am i suppose to ignore them is there a way?

2 Likes

Click your character icon, click the character name in the upper left corner that pops up. Open preferences, click Users on the menu on the left of the next page.

Click “Add” under Ignored. You will probably need to use the name-realm format in the event of a character name used across many servers.

13 Likes

Well that is overly complicated to have to do all of this to merely ignore people who hidden their profile but thanks it does seem to work.

4 Likes

legend bro

1 Like

Just a fYI its realy bad form to necro a thread 2yrs old for a random comment.

5 Likes

If you feel it needs to be changed you need to post where it will be seen by someone who makes those changes. Try the Support Site Feedback forum mentioned in this Support article.

5 Likes

Firstly, you will want to remove that player’s name from your post. While they may be annoying, they’re not breaking any rules with their posting. You, however, fall under the naming and shaming portion and it can be used against you as harassment of them.

As for the threads I’ve seen? You can just…not interact with them. They can talk to you all they want, but you give as much as you get. Most people don’t seem to realize that you can just ignore people by not interacting and it’s just as effective once they realize they’re not getting a reaction from you. And because you are willingly speaking to them, it dulls any case of harassment you may try to push against them too.

6 Likes

ok i changed it

thanks for all the bumps btw

You can keep this bumped to the top of the CS forum from now until the heat death of the universe. Nobody that can make change you want will ever see it here.

Offer your suggestion somewhere it might do some good.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Customer Support forum. It’s a player-helping-player forum with Blizzard oversight and moderation. The Devs who make game/policy decisions don’t take feedback or suggestions from here and the SFAs who post here are not liaisons with them. If you are looking for a change in how things happen, use the link in my previous post and follow the directions.

5 Likes