How can we redeem/rebuild the Horde?

This all just makes me giddy for the future. Maybe they’ll make a book like Valve did for Half-Life, detailing all the little things that got cut or changed over the creation of Half-Life. If it got down and dirty with every detail I’ll bet there was loads of issues plaguing the story of Legion and BfA internally.

Especially BfA

3 Likes

You do realize banishment isn’t necessarily permanent, right?

They could have just as easily gone back to Rommath, shown him Dar’Khan’s research, and begged forgiveness.

Again, they chose instead to double down on their initial errors, which is ignorant in itself because it shows how little they learned.

7 Likes

As I said, by the time they found out, they had already left Silvermoon and were on their way to the spirit lands to look for this place Telogrus, and there they found the diary, until that moment they had no idea.

They were exiled at this point, of course its permament

Oh come on man, the raid didn’t really destroy anything if after that patch Horde players were walking around a ruined Dazaralor with blasted walls and smoking ruins I would understand… but come on. Seriously?

Btw I largley agree with Ikaar that the Horde didn’t really feel any punitive punishment from the Alliance. You can argue the merits of that idea or come up with lore excuses as to why it didn’t and shouldn’t happen but can we agree they didn’t happen?

Sometimes it feels like either side of this debate are operating in different sets of realities.

1 Like

Rather unclear if they could have easily done that. And more doubtful it would have accomplished anything.

I mean, outside of them not being banished but having to give up their own research.

Which, by their own actions they proved that their pursuit of was never about Quel’thalas (or its defense) like they claimed. But merely to satisfy their own obsession into the Void. An obsession, btw, that actually would have damned them all if not for Alleria showing up and saving them (and she’s a WMD to the Sunwell). The VElves are kind of dicks; and that’s saying a lot being an offshoot of the BElves lol!

They are a bunch of hypocrites and obsessives that relied extensively on the works of a traitor that cost the lives of 90 percent of their countrymen. Who proved Rommath totally right about them and their research. And who started out traitors in spirit … and then became literal traitors.

8 Likes

Void Elves are more like the original Blood Elves were presented than actual blood elves.
Now they are high elves with a red paint job.

1 Like

Well I do question if they even would have been let back even then. But yeah, in the vein of their goal, not getting what they wanted done.

Not really. Obviously they’ve decided to broaden their goals, but their actions hardly show they didn’t set out for Quel’thalas and that they don’t still care for it.

Except for the whole not listening to their own nation’s leaders wishes about their research; Or relying on the research of a man who led to the deaths of 90 percent of their species; Or turning right around and claiming “the Alliance is more worthy of our research” … after they were exiled for continuing to insist they research it. The proved repeatedly they care more about their research into the Void than they did about the nation they were claiming to research it to defend. If the VElves have done ANYTHING, they have at least done that. Their research was the point. Defending Quel’thalas was an excuse.

6 Likes

None of this proves or indicates they didn’t set out for Quel’thalas and that they don’t still care for it. It doesn’t show they cared about the Void more than their goal. Though I’d be interested in a specific citation of that quote.

Than the posts I directed at him are also directed at you.

:point_down:

The Alliance has ZERO authority over the Horde. That aside, again, there were Alliance imposed consequences. You just don’t like them.

No. Because they did happen. You and others just don’t like them.

Losing UC was an Alliance imposed cconsequence that resulted from the Horde’s actions during the WoT. No matter how much you kick and scream about it. Or are you suggesting that the Horde should have suffered more consequences?

:pancakes:

11 Likes

Then you misunderstand. The question isn’t about authority, so the rest of your argument falls apart. We aren’t making legal arguments here.
Its an entertainment question.

Bad guy does A. Good guy does something about it.
Its that simple.
Except in this little equation you pop in the middle and say “YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY!!!”

Its just weird.

1 Like

No, just them constantly prioritizing their research over their own people does. Them actively joining the enemies of that nation does.

They’re raving hypocrites who use the “Exile” as an excuse for their BS, hoping people don’t look too closely on WHY they were exiled. They continued to ignore the wishes of their national leaders and using the works of one of the countries greatest traitors proved those leaders they ignored absolutely right … when they nearly destroyed themselves if not for Alleria. Who, herself, is a WMD for the Sunwell.

3 Likes

:point_down:

5 Likes

What are you talking about?
Dude if you are just going to be passive aggressive and troll then don’t bother.
I got better things to do today.

1 Like

And the legion, jailer, nathrezim and other galactic threats aren’t evil? We have that already fill

Sure thing if it’s like the Empire in SWTOR where the Empire is allowed to win whenever the republic goes full dumb mode and not get lecture because we hurt the feelings of Jaina and Anduin(ugh)

The price to make the alliance pristine as crystal, the new batch of writers seems to think any kind of violence is evil. No wonder why they say the Jailer is morally grey

Well you can’t kill the only faction with active players and besides let’s be real, alliance is a punching bag because the players doesn’t want to be portrayed in the slightless on a bad light

If I can raze towns, put the head of Anduin and Jaina at a pike on Orgrimmar a la Onyxia without kinder garden lectures then yeah, I’m all in.

11 Likes

Then isn’t the expectation then that the Alliance gets to feel entertained, when they know very well that the Horde had no avenues towards the same? I’m not saying they’re wrong to expect to be entertained by their entertainment, but it does come off as sort of wanting to shuffle the entire Bill for BfA on the Horde and its player’s shoulders… Rather than us both being in garbage BfA-debt land.

5 Likes

We are talking about the Horde my man.
Do we lean into the evil with them or not?

1 Like

Re-read my posts.

There’s nothing passive about this. You and the player you just said you largely agree with think that the things that Alliance did to the Horde during BfA somehow don’t count as consequences. I’ve illustrated how that is false.

"Someone disagreeing with me. Must be trolling. "

:wave:

4 Likes

And there it is, the only part of your post that matters. Yes this is what it comes down to, the Horde got to exterminate a massive portion of an Alliance race, perhaps the most humiliating and demeaning thing one faction in a 2 faction online game can do and in return the Alliance got to…cricket chirps

There will forever be an imbalance now in terms of what one faction has done to the other if BFA is never adressed again

“Whatever I don’t like is extremism”

more like

Seeing as that same navy was being used to attack the Alliance, it was self defence from the Alliance’s standpoint.

They do when the Horde go on a genocidal campaign, and they weren’t trading with the Zandalari, the Zandalari were helping them attack the Alliance.

If they take up arms, against an army that has no intention of killing them, and is only acting in self defence, then they are no longer citizens but soldiers.

No sorry there were no consequences, just necessary actions the Alliance HAD to do under the circumstances.

I didn’t know Fascism=attempting to stop a genocidal faction, hmm funny how things changed.

No, getting punished would be a consequence, giving the stolen goods back is just undoing a wrong

1 Like