How Can We Redeem/Rebuild The Horde (Actual Horde Edition)

For sure.

This can easily be addressed. I’ll have something in the proposal section of my post.

I think they can become an integral part of the Horde, more so than just an ally.

:pancakes:

3 Likes

Honestly now that we have proper draculas with the Venthyr I wouldn’t hold my breath for much more San’Layn.

Personally I never got their appeal. The Forsaken already sleep in coffins and Darkspear already turn into bats. Hell make an undead S Priest. You can hypnotize, turn into mist, hang out with bats and your spells have vampire in the name. Plus you can have cool red eyes.

2 Likes

I love the Alliance-side “development”

• San’layn, that the Horde didn’t get to see
  • Rexxar bombing Brennadam, that the Horde wasn’t involved in
  • Goblins stealing Zandalari stuff, the Horde also didn’t get to see
  • etc etc etc

Although I do think probably not all the San’layn tried to join the Horde at that time, and “Dark Rangers” are just one cha cha slide from San’layn.

Sed contra, my Venthyr Lore prediction is

• Renathal is crowned not as “Sire Renathal” but as a sort of “Imperial Prince” elected by the other Harvesters (like the Holy Roman Emperor would be elected by all the Royal Audiences of the Empire, formally)
  • Kael’thas replaces Prince Renathal as Harvester of Dominion
  • There will be hopefully a Velonara-Lorthemar-Kael interaction

So theoretically, the San’layn in the afterlife can be maybe “drafted” into the Venthyr to bolster their forces for the coming war. After all, all the San’layn exist due to Arthas corrupting a contingent of Blood Elves trying to avenge Silvermoon and to an extent Kael’thas.

1 Like

BTW - How’s the post looking so far?

1 Like

I think people just want more elves.

Wait this is the first I’ve heard that Rexxar ordered this. I thought it was just a direct order from Sylvanas; is there anything in-game that says it was him?

I’d add “Secondary Leader(s)” because there’s A LOT that could be done there.

He was in charge of the Stormsong base + had some VA lines in the Alliance leveling questline iirc

1 Like

We already have moody club elves with leathery bat wings with the Illidari.

And if you’re more interested in the monster mash and or graveyard smash feel we’ve got perfectly good Forsaken and Worgen to play as.

Yes but they want eeeelves. Same as people who still occasionally ask for a high elf allied race because void elf isn’t enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope today/tomorrow they confirm all High Elves have now either re-integrated into Blood Elf society due to the Sunwell changing their minds, or became Void Elves to follow Alleria.

Only Veressa and her sons remain Non-Horde Non-Void Thalassian Elves.

1 Like

Just this, if only to see Alliance players lose their minds at having one of their races be invalidated.

Imagine that…

1 Like

ElmoFire.gif

(too lazy to find and copy paste rn)

1 Like

Something that just occurred to me while brushing up on some mythologies is that we really lack a diversity of “Non Super Powered Villains”.

Like on top of each Race having 1 Primary Leader (with unique model) and 2-3 Secondary Leaders (with optional unique models) there should also be 1-2 Normal Villains per race.

By Normal I mean the following:

1. Top level of cosmos you got your Cosmic Forces
  2. Then you got your Pantheons (e.g. The Titans, The Eternals)
  3. Then you got your Pantheon Servants (e.g. The Titans’ Keepers, The Eternals’ Courts)
  4. And then under them you got Force-Alligned Mortals

Examples:

• Xavius
  • Fandral
  • Gul’dan
  • Arthas
  • etc.

WoW’s Rogue Gallery is… kinda lacking.

We have an excess of heroes and a deficit of villains, with a lack of parallel mythology invoked for the Villains.

Consider: A Tauren Villain (Grimtotem’s son?) that is based on IRL Skinwalkers of Navajo/Dine mythology. He’s a Tauren that has consumed the flesh of all the Trolls who “ate” their Loa, and has a twisted form and can turn into multiple animals.

Consider: Gallywix becomes the Lex Luthor of WoW

etc.

5 Likes

Are you including the Dark Rangers with them? I don’t think you do per se and are mentioning them separately. Only so I can follow.

I expected red eyes to become a thing for Blood Elves, not going to lie.

Dark Rangers are their own separate thing. I’m not sure what they are exactly these days. As they used to be banshees using their corpses as power armor. But now they seem to be basically any undead elf who uses a bow.

And personally call me selfish but I want only the Forsaken and Worgen to get glowy red eyes. Roll the spookiest race for the spookiest eye color or live without.

Worgen do have red eyes as a option, or so I’m told. It seems only Blood Elves don’t have it.

Thanks! I’m fully on board with that. I mean red eyes are a thing for Orcs and some Trolls too (but not the same fully red). Aside from that: I would like to see how Dark Rangers work nowadays. Can they go back in to a Banshee form, or is this over after taking over their own bodies?

Keep the spookiness for them (mostly) indeed.

1 Like

Forsaken need

• blood elf model option (all the dark ranger options are literally good to go)
  • night elf model option
  • Maldraxxus customizations (Brain Glass, nuts and bolts options, stitching options on joints with the possibility of different colored skin limbs, etc)
2 Likes

It seems like only Sylvanas has that ability currently. I never personally seen any other Dark Ranger doing it. Unless it’s in a book somewhere.

I will include secondary leaders in the proposal section. Wanted to make sure the emphasis for the leadership background section was on what the Horde had and lost.

3 Likes

full skeleton option when

6 Likes