How Can We Redeem/Rebuild The Horde (Actual Horde Edition)

Why are you describing war mode in the story forum? That’s a mechanic.

3 Likes

So you just gonna come into my thread to lie with your lying lies on my thread with you lying lyingly?!?!?

8 Likes

Anything involving Calia or Lordaeron is going to inherently involve the Alliance.

Lol not at all. I am not the caricature you make me out to be.
In this entire thread I haven’t even had a chance to say what I think can be done.

The problem is I am trying to figure out what the problems you people have.
People contradict themselves, judge the Horde content in a different context than they do Alliance, move the goal post.

One paraphrased example is:
H: Taurajo was never addressed!!!
A: you literally killed the guy responsible.
H: YOU WERENT SHAMED LIKE I WAS
A: The Alliance guy you kill tell us to go stop the Alliance brigands that are looting and killing survivors because its evil to that to the Horde.

Like what is this persons solution? A cinematic that Jaina falls on her knees and cries while the Mana Bomb Glow of Thereamore casts a shadow from behind?

Really?
Its not about who has had it worse or what happened but how to fix it going forward and so far all the suggestions have been.
Its wrong for the Alliance to hate the Horde. How dare they. Villain bat players and characters that think this way.
Lol.

It’s not on Micah’s server(MG). Or, WrA. There’s actually quite a-bit of drama over the Horde’s unfortunate situation on that pair.
Also, just to be funny.
What are you supposed to know about Warmode? P

And he wants the Horde actions whitewashed.

So not only Alliance get zero revenge but get told “it wasnt that big of a deal anyway”.
Amazing.

By this logic anything about Dun Morogh has to involve the Zandalari because the Frostmane Tribe also clings to irrelevance within it’s borders.

Only the Frostmane have a legitimate greviance.

11 Likes

No I meant stuff about the Alliance, Calia and Lordaeron. Not the Forsaken.

“Nobody has any solutions that don’t involve us poor Alliance”
*I list a half dozen categories of solutions each with at least two examples *
“AH BUT GOOD SIR ONE OF THESE SOLUTIONS INVOLVES THE ALLIANCE BECAUSE THE FORSAKEN ARE ON ALLIANCE LAND THUS I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY SOLUTIONS”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealioning

6 Likes

I’m working on it, slowly.

Concurrently, there are a lot of Alliance trying to derail the thread.

:pancakes:

6 Likes

Ah my bad. The Dwarves aren’t ever relevant these days I can see why you’d get confused.

1 Like

No not at all. But keep it up.

Even your argument about Taurajo shows you don’t get what Horde players are even mad about and it’s a terrible straw men, no one ever even argued.

That’s literally what this thread is about. Fixing the problem. All you are doing here is to cray with the “we have it worse, Horde must be evil, kill Horde”.

1 Like

“I’m going to deliberately ignore words I disagree with and pretend they don’t exist.”

Titanforged smashed the Old Gods and their minions.
The Zandalari Empire broke the bugs into two weaker empires instead of 1 unified one, but… you look at the map, and everything is claimed by the troll empires. No pockets of human, tauren, or earthen-controlled areas. Hmmm. Almost as if they just smashed all opposition and laid claim to everything, and the only thing really worth mentioning was the Aqir.

Okay, by this same notion, all land is Titan land, and because humans/dwarves/gnomes descend from the Titanforged, it all belongs to them. Mogu, vrykul, and tol’vir too.
Trolls just happened by chance. Get out, invaders. /s

Reminder that in classic dwarf/gnome characters were sent out to kill literal troll children.

Cata “fixed” it by making the whelps normal troll sized.

The “moral” faction, everyone!

7 Likes

I was literally arguing it earlier.
And in the other Horde redemption thread some of my ideas were accepted by the angry pancake. Know who you are talking to lol.

Lol nope.
And this is why you will never find consensus because you are playing victim olympics and no one wins those games.

Taurajo was like 1/100th of a Southshore and Horde players are still livid about it. I’m not sure if you guys could actually handle a reversal of faction roles without having an outrage aneurysm.

The best chance for the Horde to get fixed is to take it slow and develop the individual components.

Basically, we develop of individual nations separately then have them actual redo the horde as a whole, gimmee a code of law, a set of rules you can’t have the horde break.

Also we need blizzard to stop using us for pointless conflict with the alliance. Im fine with conflict if it makes sense but as it stands there really isn’t a reason for any of it besides Horde bad alliance good. But before we do faction conflict i want the Nations, the Cultures, the Races, the Politics, the Settlements, the Religions, and the Military structure all fleshed out.

5 Likes

It’s been almost a decade and we’re still sifting through the wreckage of everything Cataclysm ruined and finding new things lmao

More seriously though; if we take WoW stories as is here’s how I’d revamp the Forsaken;

Alterac City, Strahnbad, Southshore, Durnholde Keep and Dun Garok have all been taken and rebuilt by the Forsaken.

The Orcs and Goblins respectively have a hand in operating Durnholde and Dun Garok.

The Forsaken have reconstructed Southshore as a legitimate port with travel connections to a retrofitted Bladefist Bay and Grom’Gol.

The Forsaken are using Darrowmere River to connect to the EPL and Andorhal to provide resources for the Tirisfal reconstruction effort.

We keep Silverpine as the Halloween War zone between Worgen and Forsaken. No other factions are involved in this as it always looks like they should be on the same side the second a human or orc shows up.

Additionally the Forsaken, Sin’Dorei and Revantusk have coordinated to seize Aerie Peak, now redubbed Eerie Peak, as it’s become the airbase for both Forsaken and Troll battalions.

The Zandalari are also present in aiding the Revantusk with consolidating their hold in Jintha’Alor.

1 Like

It’s a little late to be trying to retcon BfA. The Forsaken are basically gone from the Eastern Kingdoms and half of those settlements you mentioned are controlled by the Alliance now. You might as well be theorycrafting the Forsaken occupation of Westfall.

You’ll have to revamp them somewhere else. I suggest Northrend.