How Can We Redeem/Rebuild The Horde (Actual Horde Edition)

So, we can ignore all demands you make regarding the alliance getting their due vengeance since it’s all meaningless and pointless to discuss the story in a story driven MMO?

Am I reading that correct? Just asking out of curiosity

2 Likes

Bear with me, i’m not saying the story is worthless. I’m saying that it’s far too shallow for the kind of analyzation that Velthyras wants. The value of the story is for each of us to decide, and everyone here cares about it atleast to a degree. Some more than others.

“I can get mad about the game because I only care about the story and my personal reaction from the story directly, but if you care about the story from its meta implications because Blizzard uses your culture as the basis for an in-game race you play as and get mad about the story from that angle, how dare you, you have no right, you’re stupid, no”

“how dare you recognize nuance and depth if scarce and infrequent, in blizzard’s writings”

8 Likes

Full vengeance was never on the table for the Alliance or the Night Elves against the Horde and anyone who thought otherwise was deluding themselves. From the very moment in BfA pre-patch that Anduin said Sylvanas was the problem, I knew where it was going, I just didn’t know how we would get there.

To get the Horde back on its feet and the Alliance back to some form of complexity, the faction war aspects need to be stepped back from, because that’s the root of why nothing else seems to ever be advanced story-wise. Need to get the actual lore of the races settled, fleshed out, given complexity. A faction war made sense, maybe, in MoP, though it did a lot of damage to the lore of the factions. Now? Zero sense, same as in BfA.

Never once have I believed in “full vengeance”. That would quite literally remove the Horde as a playable faction, which I absolutely do not want. What I hope for, is either a bit of bloody payback, or a bit of restitution from the Horde. All I want, and all I will ever want. And i’m 99% certain I have said this to you before, Micah.

Also, tell Baalsamael to act like an adult and unmute me, instead of trashtalking me indirectly.

1 Like

FYI, the extreme pro-alliance position is always that the Alliance players should get their wank-off “vengeance” against the Horde, but the Horde shouldn’t get even the tiniest sliver of acknowledgement of their many issues and the sheer hypocrisy of the presentation of the Alliance’s actions in-universe.

The framing and direct wording changes, but that is ultimately what most of those posters demand. “Ego-satisfying pandering for me, nothing for thee.”

4 Likes

Micahs not the one who made the post. Can you at least respond to the right person?

I was just making sure I wasn’t misinterpreting anything, It sure comes off that way, intentionally or otherwise.

1 Like

Did you just ignore the excerpts I posted in their entirety?
Here’s more.

Trolls attacking more frequently was the inciting event that begun the Troll Wars. And that “This land be troll land” argument loses weight when their only go-to solution is to murder everything that sets foot in their land. Turns out, when you try to murder people, they’ll murder you right back. You don’t get to cry foul when comeuppance happens.

That turns out to be a smokescreen put in place by Cult of the Damned members to keep the holy draenei from using their Light-given powers to root them out, on that particular note. But it makes sense that Conscript Jim-Bob who hasn’t seen anything more exotic than a dwarf in his entire life would be off-put by the 8 foot tall blue man with horns, hooves, and a tail and armor made with crystals jutting out of it.

Like what? Everytime the Alliance hits the Horde they get hit back.
If you would like we can go over them, everything I have heard from Horde players has been false comparisons and constant moving of goal posts.

Its like they want to have it all but you never will.
Blizzard has two solutions.

Vengeance or lecturing.
Horde gets vengeance because they are evil and Alliance gets lecturing because they are good.

I hate it but it is what it is.
If Horde suddenly starts getting both then so should the Alliance which creates the imbalance again.

What do you think is the compromise then? I understand that Horde players do not deserve to have their faction villainbatted and actions against them diminished. But the Alliance players also deserve some form of resolution for everything that has happened.

Ha ha ha. Very funny.
But fine, I guess i’ll call you by this charactes name.

I’m not who you think I am. As I told several people multiple times already. So stop trying to pick fights with people who aren’t here.

The conspiracy of Horde posters using alts in the wake of us learning some of the Alliance players were using Horde alts to post (and some even pretending they were Horde mains and only played Horde, which was weird) is as hilarious as yesterday’s accusation that I have an army of “goons” on the forums dedicated to mass reporting according to my will.

3 Likes

As hilarious as I find you racist but here we are Baal. Here we are.

I’m not saying it’s impossible but Micah’s currently an undead hunter with roughly twice the achievement points of Karestae. If that is her, I think she’d have to be using a second WoW account altogether running a second high-level horde hunter and that’s a lot more effort than just making a level 10 posting alt.

4 Likes

It’s a bit worrisome actually, because this is the THIRD time now, I’ve had a alliance poster come into a horde thread and specifically try to pick a fight with someone who isn’t even here and than accuse me of being them.

This toon was originally a Draenei I’ve had since BC. And the ONLY toon I have besides a lvl 2 Tauren druid I forgot I had.

I’m sorry to disappoint people but I’m not who they think I am.

2 Likes

Damn, sure wish the Tauren got some resolution for the murderous stunts that Jaina and the alliance specifically pulled on them. Or the Blood elves. Or the Zandalari.

But no, you’re right. only the Alliance ever get resolution. You are the golden children after all. You clearly deserve a standard of treatment that nobody redside ever got.

1 Like

Alright, I believe you. It’s just that Karestae behaves almost identically to Micah. But maybe it’s just my imagination.

They did.
They killed the commander responsible for Taurajo and blew up the dwarf fortress.
What did you want? National day of silence for Taurajo for every Alliance school?

Zandalari was response for their attacks.
Blood Elves was a response for their betrayal.

Jaina ultimately got outvoted and had to leave. So Horde won in the end with the Blood Elves back in Dalaran.

I’m not sure what you are refering to here. If you are talking about Bael’dun, they are all dead.
But that’s also fine, as long as everything is laid on the table. Every act by both the Horde and the Alliance. And everything the Forsaken did to the humans of Hillsbrad and Silverpine.