How Can We Redeem/Rebuild The Horde (Actual Horde Edition)

You made me realize… Of all the Night Elves, Tauren, and Orcs, a Wrynn got the favor of the Wolf God.

The path is clear, we should not be fighting each other, my purple brothers and sisters, this is all a mere distraction for Wrynn supremacy!

12 Likes

But at least at night in the forest?

1 Like

I imagine it would give them a bigger chance to escape or hide, but I don’t think nighttime makes non-combatant NEs act like killer ninjas.

Ohn’ahra the Eagle should be revived soon at this point, if Blizzard deigned to remember Tauren exist.

4 Likes

I don’t think NE fans expected to be like the LOTR elves while the Horde is a horde of goblins they nuke with every flick of their curvy sword.

More like its a big jungle and they keep shooting and striking from hidden shadows before running away again.

1 Like

Did you read A Good War?

Skimmed most of it years ago.

Not gonna lie…still jaded a worgen character didn’t become Goldrinns chosen champion :wolf:

3 Likes

I think that happened before playable worgen were even conceived. Varian’s comic about that stuff was coming out when TBC was still live.

3 Likes

If you want a civilian militia to succeed you don’t put them against heavy built well trained adversaries in close quarters, the classic elf archer archetype would work a lot better, it might not be enough to stop them long but it would stall them giving time to put alternative plans in motion

They do what you describe in AGW. Cat Druids stop the Horde advancing past the river by jumping tree to tree silently and ending them in quick skirmishes as soon as they make the bank before disappearing again into the forests. When Malfurion ambushes Saurfang in Astraanar, Delaryn and her ragtag group of Sentinels let loose a volley of arrows on the horde below inflicting much casualties. They also escape into the woods, with none being caught by the Horde (not even Nathanos which he is salty about lmao)

That would have been better

1 Like

In the Elegy, I remember only about the kitchen knives of the “peaceful” population. However, it mentioned that over the millennia, the night elves have mastered many skills, including those related to weapons.

@Sinoa , Druids also fall from trees, deceived by the blood elf rogue.

The apple form never falls far from the treant.

2 Likes

Yup turns out Rogue Vs Rogue depends on whose got the drop on who.

My hatred for the wyrnns…well lets just say there isn’t enough words in any language :wolf: :smiley:

Sorry? Who is counting on who?

Or did you talk about the fall? Drop = to fall (down stairs)? Drop is also used as “twenty (on the die)”?

In my opinion it makes no sense to have forest elves without a simple bow and arrow and if they know how to hunt animals they would know at least the basics on killing people, then again, it might not be the fantasy of warcraft elves

I don’t think any wild gods besides the Loa really get involved personally with mortal conflicts anymore. We see the Loa aiding the Zandalari because their power relies on the worship.

So I don’t think we would see the same with just wild gods, no matter who they may prefer.

I will try to be clearer for your translator: Cat druid is a rogue. In rogue against Rogue combat, the rogue who surprises the other wins. The cats were distracted by their job and got jumped by the horde rogue.

edit
Get the drop on = ambush
english-american speaker slang, sorry should’ve known better than to use it

But anyway, my original point was that Nelves ARE using hit and run tactics but sometimes these tactics do not work perfectly. But the desire was for them to use them.

Is this why some Horde players are mad about the great losses? That they couldn’t catch them?
I imagine the loss ratios was purely because of that rather than the NEs being like god like fighters that each was worth a hundred horde soldiers.

1 Like