How Can We Redeem/Rebuild The Horde (Actual Horde Edition)

None of the civilians the Horde encounter during the WoT have weapons or armor.

:pancakes:

Yes. This means that weapons and armor give a relatively small bonus to the night elves.

Those without weapons and armor didn’t fight.

1 Like

Weapons and armor don’t work like that…at all, especially in Warcraft. This isn’t DnD where magic armor gives +2 to armor/defense :wolf:

(And yes stated armor is purely a game mechanic)

The weapon is household knives. It seems to have been mentioned in the story.

A fully armed Horde warrior vs a NE civilian with a kitchen knife and you expect the NE to win?

In a one-on-one battle during the day in the arena - no. At night in the woods - yes. During the day in the woods - no, but I will give a small chance.

That’d be a tad ridiculous, for even the most ardent NE fan. Be different if it was a sentinel with thousands of years of combat experience vs said horde warrior. :wolf:

It’s what some Night elf players want. Not equality, but superiority.

5 Likes

I know. But since an armed, armored, trained army has been recovering their lands for a year and a half (despite Saurfang’s confidence in the invincibility of the night elves), I tend to downplay the value of armor.

I know the types. But does anyone really take them serious? I get the idea that a 10k yr old race, should have a major advantage in their own territory, just not that they should be able to wipe out what amounts to several nations armies in one go. :wolf:

4 Likes

I dunno, I can’t say I agree with you here.

Even at night in the forest, you cannot give victory in a one-on-one battle? Why? Hide in the shadows and wait for the orc to get close enough, then stab him with a knife and run away. Yes, it is not always possible to escape.

Well, stand there! Have you forgotten who the Horde is? Shards of greatness, outcasts or individual pieces. As a nation, none of them are close to the night elves. Orcs died in wars and camps; trolls of the Darkspear - a wreck of the empire, which was subjected to the tyranny of the naga; The Forsaken - a breakaway slice of the Scourge; the tauren were slaughtered by centaurs; the blood elves could not even provide troops for the battle with Arthas; goblins are one of three (?) cartels.

One or two civilians might be brave enough to do that, but you expect the entire population to keep their cool, not get frightened, not panick and reverse-attack trained warriors with nothing but household items.

I find that a bit ridiculous.

But after all, according to the story, they behaved that way, didn’t they?

According to which story?

Wait, do tauren have any wild gods that prefer them? I would have guessed Goldrinn before Cata, but welp.

3 Likes

No, though. I remember that they were determined.
Elegy.

Yes, being determined for one hour is not the same as being willing to die in three weeks. Here I overdid it.

At least the entire (majority) of the surviving population was ready to fight within the first minutes after the massacre.

I have not read Elegy.

In any case, my point stands, I find this scenario quite ridiculous. If those were Sentinels - sure, that’s fair game. But a civilian with a kitchen knife?