How can people play WoW without addons?

They did, but I hardly can remember any from Vanilla that I still use- pretty much all of those that existed at that period of time, got replaced.

Most even became baseline, like threat meter.

I made a decision a long ago that I’m never going to use any add-ons I haven’t written myself. And since it appears I’m too lazy to learn how to write one, I guess that means I’m never going to use any.

The only large thing I have blocking the view in the middle is my use of DHUD. I would just rather have a heads up display instead of a small frame for myself and target.

That is my personal preference. Everything else is stock UI.

Okay, so… I’m not sure why we’re moving goalposts here. I just came in to say addons existed in Vanilla. That’s all. lol

1 Like

if u are casual it wont matter. I played without addons for a very long time. what introduced me to it was DMG meters because people could not stand u losing 1.5 seconds of DPS. Still doesnt help but atleast I kno when i can brag.

1 Like

And I’m saying, I’m aware.

There’s no ‘gotcha’ if that’s what you’re waiting for, because I know addons existed in Vanilla lol.

But I will also add, it’s before the game blew up in popularity- most people were likely playing low lvls in the starting zones. Didn’t know about addons or lategame until the next expansion came around.

My friends didn’t hit 60 until late Vanilla. There was a lot of stuff they didn’t know about, addons included.

I think that was the case for MOST people.

Now, addons are an everyday part of the game. But it wasn’t always like that!

Lots played without addons back then, because that was the norm.

1 Like

When I played in retail vanilla I used probably 2 addons - CTMail and DHUD

1 Like

I didn’t say there was some.sort of “gotcha” at all. Nor was I looking for any such thing. I was simply clearing up one small fact. You said:

And I said they did. And that’s all there really is to it. :woman_shrugging:t4:

1 Like

Okay? And? :sweat_smile:

What they meant was that addons weren’t as widespread as they are now. They simply phrased it badly. lol

4 Likes

Oh.

So we shouldn’t make sweeping generalizations about why other people do or do not use add ons? We should just let people do what they want, and just leave em alone?

Just because a person has a bank add on doesnt mean they have a problem. Or they are in whatever fantasy made up “e sports competition” for their banks.

Maybe they just like things being better organized. And no matter how much you want to insult them, you should just calm down.

1 Like

This isn’t difficult. I don’t know why you’re making it that way. You said they didn’t exist in Vanilla. I cleared up a fact for others who may not be aware. There’s nothing more going on here. I’m not sure why you’re trying to pick a fight over it. I’m sorry I cleared up a fact for others. I won’t do it again.

You didn’t exist during Vanilla

If I played Vanilla without addons, they didn’t exist. It was 2005.

I’ve been playing since 2005, thanks for trying to continue some weird argument. I’ll just ignore you now. Have a good evening.

Re-read the title, it’s just the opposite of what you said. It’s implied people that play without addons are the weird ones.

I agree though.

Good games don’t require addons in general, though.

4 Likes

i play with none except for bgs caps, and i play with no sound.

You, not me. G’day m8

The only add-on I use is TRP3 for roleplay. I have no need of any others.

Gotta have TRP, proper inventory management, and an actually customizable UI. DBM is nice. Could take or leave WA. I just like class resource ones.

btw, my addon list now would be:

Bagnon
Action Target Auto Swap 
Altoholic
Character Achievements
Drathals HUD
FPSAlways
Freemium
Healbot
Lemmos Sell Greys
Prat
Random ReQueue
Reputation Watcher
Selljunk
TipTac
Track Resources
WeakAuras
WIM

Several are my own personal and published addons (Freemium, FPSAlways, Random ReQueue, Action Target Auto Swap) and the rest are mostly for QoL.