How can people play WoW without addons?

it absolutely boggles my mind that there are people that play this game entirely without addons.

It sounds like a truly horrible experience.

7 Likes

i agree, i gotta have TRP otherwise i have to flesh out my character every time i talk to someone new.

14 Likes

I did, for a long time.

If you’ve played this game for 10+ years, lots of things just become second nature.

Heck, Vanilla was some of the best fun I ever had in WoW, and that was certainly without addons, because they just didn’t exist yet, until WoW blew up in TBC and Wrath.

Just going around and discovering the game. Now it’s all knowledge that is already known.

16 Likes

Its mostly based around not doing high end content and being ok with the base UI.

18 Likes

there have certainly been a LOT of improvement in the default UI over the years, particularly in the AH and with the new action bars but… come on man! How do you people use the bank without bagnon?!

They weren’t as polished (and the UI was less friendly to addon devs) but there were definitely addons then.

2 Likes

Like normal people? I’m not over-reliant on tech and addons to do my stuff for me.

It only saves like a few seconds at the most, not mandatory in the slightest.

Do people really have that much trouble navigating their own bank? Lmao

29 Likes

They were nothing like current DBM, but some basic stuff like CT mod and threat meters, yes.

It was mostly UI stuff. But I managed with the defaults just fine.

1 Like

Having to open all the bags, remember which one you put things in, with all that screen space and icon clutter. Perhaps I’m just lazy but having a onebag solution is just so much easier and more visually pleasing.

[edit:]

vs

1 Like

You can I played that way for years before bro. told me :pensive: :pleading_face:

All i really need is Bartender and Miks i dont need anything else

Sorry that using tech is that scary for you.

2 Likes

It is all matter of preference and what you’re use to. Some have their mouse on the left, that is normal to them, but I would imagine it is weird to others. Everyone prefers one hand over the other, that sums up human preference in a nutshell.

2 Likes

To me, that just looks like visual clutter lol.

I store different things in each of my bank bags, as well as the actual bank vault, so I like to keep them separate.

20 Likes

It’s just a non-issue.

No reason to install something for a problem I don’t have.

Even if people call me afraid of it, lol.

I didn’t know we had to be E-sports competitive with our banks, my fault.

11 Likes

Addons did exist in Vanilla. There were just less of them.

They weren’t very good addons, because they were in their infancy.

I know, because I had them break on me all the time.

This is me. 10 years playing this game and i used addons very few times in the past.

It’s more shocking to me to see people like the OP who can’t play the game without addons. Also is bizzar the fact they complains about the base UI but prefer to play with tons off addons appearing on screen. A complete mess blocking the view of the game.

10 Likes

I didn’t much have that issue. But the point wasn’t whether they worked well or bugged out. The point was they existed. lol