How can I report a addon to Blizzard?

Hi everyone ,I have been playing wow classic for years and very enjoy it .
However ,recently there was a addon called Classic Blacklist released and bothers me a lot.
Classic Blacklist is related to a discord 'Benediction - classic ’
A group a people pretend they’re judges ,name people this one is guilty ,that one isnt guilty ,without any meticulous proof.
If anyone in the raid have this addon ,it yells to other 24 people this one is a ninja or this guild is ninja .

6 Likes

I would tell you, but you’re on my blacklist.

5 Likes

Don’t listen to that guy.

Hacks@Blizzard.com

Have you tried not being bad?

4 Likes

Is this related to the Wrath thread here with the crazy, worth a read, twists and turns?

3 Likes

:newspaper_roll:
no no no no no
don’t bring that derangement here
don’t want people giving that clown clicks/views

Considering the forums don’t allow name callouts, I find it interesting that the blacklist mod is allowed to exist. It seems a stretch too far from just having a bad reputation on a server.

Anecdotally, it’s funny that many players acknowledge right-click reporting as a flawed system susceptible to abuse, yet seem to accept the blacklist at face value as a source of truth. As though the same players who exploit the former couldn’t conceivably exploit the latter.

3 Likes

“It’s ok when we do it.”

3 Likes

Why don’t you tell everyone what you did?

1 Like

It’s almost like they’re two different things.

Well, yes. But if the intent of the rule is to deter negative player behaviour, they’re functionally very similar due to how ubiquitous Discord is.

You mean like the addon is doing?

There is an addon called “Khadgar’s Junk Drawer - Classic” that when you type in /RWF in a raid after a wipe, it will pick a player at random and blame them with a randomly crafted message within raid chat. If you type /GWF in a group after a wipe, it will do the same thing but in group. If you target a corpse of a raid member and type /RDF, it will randomly pick a raid member and blame them for that specific death. It also has a similar one for a death in group. The best thing is, it picks a player at random, not based on anything stupid, like information. That said, I have used it before and folks have rage quit raids when they got blamed…even though I told everyone ahead of time that the addon chooses folks at random.

5 Likes

The forums have actual rules that tend to be enforced; the game does not.
One more minor detail, I don’t recall name and shame as against the game ToS.

2 Likes

the forums have the most easily abused report system ever outside of the in-game one

FTFY

but this player made and player curated blacklist with zero accountability for anyone that ever uses it for revenge against others or out of pure spite is TOTALLY cool

:dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

Bruh its like someone watched Staysafe get people to report him until he got banned and said to themselves “you know what? Thats not bad enough. I can do WORSE

Would really prefer that there not be player curated blacklists, they always seem and in some cases are extremely badly run and do not have a clear cut way to be removed from one.
It’s a system based on petty knee jerk reactions.

In game ignore functions just fine and if you are so dedicated to “calling people out” you can just tell raid leads what you know and leave it at that. If there was any form of investigation or professionalism associated with these blacklists it might be different but there isn’t.

For the record I know of the OTHER THREAD and do not support the person popping off in there at all. Nor am I on a blacklist (that I know of I guess).

drama alert

a blacklist addon ruled by a tyrannical clique is exactly what wrath players deserve :expressionless:

3 Likes

sounds like a good addon :expressionless:

It is. That is not the only thing it does. It’s not a “junk drawer” for no reason.