How broke are you?

Stop buying abilites you dont need right now, or gear. Questing should give you more than enough gold by 40-42 for your mount, exluding some classes.

What is gold? Baby, donā€™t buy me, donā€™t buy me right now.

Iā€™ve been playing with the long game in mind, leveling crafting on multiple alts while working on this main. I believe it will pay off in the end, but right now it huuuurts. Hopefully having maxed cooking and fishing will help make money as nore people reach the point where they want buff food. If not, wooops!

I like having to earn things, rather than just bashing a loot
piƱata. Good times, baby.

Iā€™m pretty good at earning on retail but this is a challenge.
Farm and sell or auction anything of value, I mean anything. Fish, meat, cloth, etc. I took skinning with one other gathering, not switching to a production prof till ā€¦30? BTW, I ended up getting Auctioneer addon, just couldnā€™t figure things out manually.
I guess I gave tips to you all, my competitors but we prolly all been doing it.
Been a challenge but lovinā€™ Classic

Iā€™m so broke that I keep having to run into Ashenvale and cut saplings for arrows! Sorry long ears, but Iā€™m not paying 3s for a stack x14! When the saplings are free!

Itā€™s been a slogā€¦I can say this though the 30ā€™s is where it can pick up. (of course the costs also can increase if you let them!) Buy the skills you must have, nothing more until you must. Sword wielding rogue? Guess what, you donā€™t need backstab! Donā€™t buy it until you get a dagger/spec for it! As previously mentioned PICK POCKET everything that can be.

Hunter? Eagle eye can be useful in rare situations (we donā€™t have BGā€™s yet!) so wait until you actually do need it! Also for hunters, think about leveling up with a boar/bear pet. Theyā€™ll literally eat everything including conjured food (Harvest fest and mage noms!).

Also watch those AH deposits, they add up quick! Sometimes itā€™s best just to vendor an item to avoid the deposit (Iā€™m looking at you most leather types that are a few copper above vendor price!). Speaking of the AH if youā€™ve got some spare silverā€¦take a look at items selling. Iā€™ve bought more than a few items selling below vendor price, just to vendor them.

3 Likes

I have a lot of gold that a level 30 would consider themselves as being, ā€˜filthy richā€™ but at 60, I have enough gold where I need to buy raid consumables at times and wonder why Iā€™m so poor.

My guildmates snickered at me today when I rezzed one of them, and they realized justā€¦ how low their health was after being rezzed. They were alive, dangit, what more do you guys want?! Yesh.

1 Like

I am at sixty-seven gold! My abilities ate up quite a bit. I did not train a majority of them.

I have one gold piece to my name.

Finally a game I think I can win. Purdah has 3 gold and has to go buy spells since he just hit 32. I canā€™t play just one character so of course I have an army of alts. This hunter is mainly a farming alt and everything of value gets sent down to someone who can use it. I thought my holy priest would be my main since healing groups is what is the most fun for me. But the stories Iā€™ve been hearing is that no one wants us. /cries

Not too bad to be honest. I rerolled here from deviate delight, and the difference between economies is night and day. Bloodsailā€™s economy is booming. Almost everything sells in a couple posting cycles.

I hit forty yesterday, bought my mount and had 12g to spare for abilities. I took skinning, sold everything white quality up on the AH , and only trained the necessary abilities.

This server is great, wish I had rolled here at launch.

What! Thatā€™s just rubbish. I canā€™t imagine why not.

Because of rl issues my priest is only level 10 so I donā€™t know. But from reading the forums people are saying priests are a dime a dozen. I just retired to southern Arizona, bought a piece of land and am moving. In a few weeks Iā€™ll be settled in and have more time to play. Then Iā€™ll see how easy it is to find a guild and to pug with my priest

30 gold at level 34 right now. Iā€™ve gone up 10 gold in the last 2-3 levels, so Iā€™ve got my fingers crossed that Iā€™ll be ready for my mount at 40.