How bad is Alliance participation, really?

Still waiting. Was the weekend a good one? Little post-NYE recovery?

I have no idea if you’re back in the office yet, so all I can do is cross my fingers and try to keep the pestering to a minimum.

2 Likes

I demand we change the alliance color to imperial red :+1:

1 Like

akin to asking sub numbers

so never

4 Likes

Ion has said that Alliance war mode participation is up substantially since the 8.1 changes designed to facilitate that, so obviously Blizzard can do something about population behavior, irrespective of faction colors.

Get rid of merc mode and give Alliance high elves, and Alliance participation will be fine, and maybe better than Horde participation.

1 Like

After seeing the Zandalari racial abilities, I’m thinking this is even more pertinent that it was before. I mean, racial abilities were the original problem, and now we get this trainwreck of a new race horde-side…

2 Likes

If this is about the WM bonus, I have thought about it for a while.

I kinda do sympathize with the Hordies who think to themselves “I’m missing out on a substantial XP buff just by not playing Alliance”. But at the same time, the WM bonus does serve a purpose in engaging more Alliance players into WM. So what if, as a compromise, both sides get an even buff of about 20-25%? I figure it’d keep the Alliance players willing to turn on WM and the Horde players won’t feel cheated.

My question was about participation in end-game activities just in general.

So WM, raiding, mythic+ dungeons, BGs, RBGs, Arena, etc.

1 Like

Is it really that hard to wright a fist bump moment for the alliance? Like dear lord they wright the story alliance losing both times at the start of bfa and then they wonder why alliance participation is down… like the wrighting team should be embarrassed with how bfa is going so far

2 Likes

The game has enough elves. Not to mention now a new Blood elf rip off. I would rather they put effort into entire new races instead of recoloring existing ones.

3 Likes

Ahem. You misspelled “Dwarf Druids” as “Alliance high elves”.

I think it’s pretty much a safe bet that we’ll never get real High Elves. The Void Elves were essentially it; the portion of the elves that didn’t adopt the sin’dorei name. I imagine the Void Elf design is meant to distinguish them beyond just re-coloring their eyes blue.

1 Like

Exactly. There is never going to be High Elves. Void Elves were the compromise they chose. Yet these people are still moaning about it on their Void Elves lol. It’s mind boggling

2 Likes

Well the only reason they gave us blueberry elves was cause they needed a shoe horn race with zero thought cause that’s how wow treats the alliance. With scrapped or last minute ideas

5 Likes

Surely I’m not the only person who thought High Mountain tauren were just cows with feathers. I don’t think the laziness is Alliance specific.

3 Likes

That would have been amazing…

But seriously, there is a huge difference in effort from the devs.

1 Like

Alliance in US realms are more for RP or casual purposes at this point.
And the Horde is for end game content.
You go whichever based on what you’re looking for now…

Have you seen all of Alliance’s BFA mounts yet

Neigh… lol

Except when on a realm with a healthy alliance population. I’ve looked into realms by population using census sites and raiderIO.

When populations are balanced, Alliance is just as competitive in M+ as Horde. My guess is that it would be the same story for raiding as well, if the factions were balanced.

But now the Horde The Faction Chosen By the Developers™ is getting the perfect race.

They get a passive offensive racial, and an active defensive one on top of a long CD mobility racial (it’s a glider, but hey…it counts, damnit).

They just went on record not even a month ago saying that they were aware of the racial imbalances and were working on bringing the factions closer to parity…and then they release this steaming pile of excrement: The zandalari. By far the most powerful race in the game just going by their initial PTR release, even if they numerically balance some things.

Balancing this race would, IMO, require removing one of either Regeneratin’ or the Loa racial entirely. Just to start.