How are we supposed to gear for PVP now?

Actually all of WoD, PVP gear was like this. Didn’t even need a pre-patch for that. Especially if you started late in the season.

Imagine PVPing for the weekend on a fresh alt and having a full honor set (15 ilvl below conquest) and even a few pieces or your BiS conquest set?

Life was good then.

1 Like

Except in the previous system if you like both, you do both and get rewarded for both. Now if you like PvP you just straight up don’t get rewarded.

The current system actually makes zero sense.

1 Like

Then you are in for a treat in SL. And all the other players who like PVE more than PVP. The more PVP you do, the more of a disadvantage you are in PVP. Should have spent your time in PVE.

1 Like

Again, that’s the point of my posts. They fixed a system that didn’t need fixing and in turn made it worse. It’s not wrath, mop, or wod. It’s worse lol.

Also I get it’s a mmo and grinds and part of the game, but it’s forcing grinds that we don’t want to do to achieve an end goal that was previously available through other, more enjoyable means.

You wouldn’t understand though I guess. I guess fun isn’t a thing for you. Or having a life :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

The new honor system will be better than the messy conquest stuff we got now.

No, it will not. It is giving horrible gear that takes forever to ‘upgrade’ to bad gear. Meanwhile, you could spend your time PVEing and be much better geared and much faster.

I know you missed the glory days of PVP gear in MoP and WoD, so I get that you might think this is alright.

It was 1000x better in those expansions.

EDIT: They should be trying to make it better than the best expansions for PVP gearing, not try to make it marginally better than the absolute worst expansion for PVP gearing.

1 Like

It will be. Barely. Pve will still reward higher ilvl gear that also has better on uses and procs.

Pretty sure bfa’s prepatcg had legion heroic level equivalent gear, no?

And before that, the previous season’s conquest gear (bis) would be available for honor and could be farmed through bgs I believe.

I could be wrong here but I do remember catch ups being better in previous xpacs.

2 Likes

You have to give up trinket slots for the PvP ones which is where most of the power comes from. Also, starting off fresh in the expansion upgrades are upgrades. You’ll want to run a full versatility set for PvP.

When people are grinding M+ 15 and heroic/mythic is when PvP gear will be put down again unless they manage to let you upgrade to that same level or make PvE gear less dominate in PvP.

They can’t just make PvP gear as good as Mythic raiding stuff because casually grinding BGs isn’t the same as doing a timed M 15+ or a Mythic raid. If you can get PvE gear easier from PvP than PvE then expect complaints.

You have no idea how pathetic those PVP trinkets are compared to the PVE ones. Look them up. Then compare them to the paltry % vers bonus from the PVP trinkets.

Don’t take my word for it, go read the beta PVP forums, there are about a dozen threads on the topic.

Those PvE trinkets don’t matter for anything when you’re sitting in a full 6s stun followed up by another CC and another. Without relentless or gladiators medallion you can’t do anything about it. So I’m wearing this blue trinket that’s half the iLvl as my other trinket just so I don’t get killed.

But they could when PVP gear was boosted in PVP, like in WoD, and its ilvl was lower in PVP. It was a perfect solution.

PVP gear needs to be freed from PVE, so it can be designed to suit PVP players and PVP. Tying it to PVE is the problem and why BfA and now SL will be bad for PVP players.

Have you not looked them up yet? Go read about them, you’ll see.

I assure you that the tiny bonus doesn’t compare :roll_eyes:

Yup, so some PvP gear will come from PvP now. You’ll still be able to get higher ilvl pve gear for some slots more easily.

Which was all of bfa. We complained and nothing improved all expansion. It’s why both me and you are wearing 90%+ pve gear right now. I assure you sl is only going to be slightly better with the current set up.

2 Likes

That’s because they unseparated pvp and pve gear. Pvp gear used to be bis for pvp and usable, but sub-optimal for pve.

With no pvp stats or scaling, pvp gear will never be able to be as good as mythic gear because then pve’ers would be basically required to pvp and we know blizz doesn’t want that.

Obviously pvpers will be wearing one of the cc break trinkets for the most part. But he’s saying the two set trinket bonus is likely unworth it because those raid trinkets are so busted currently. Versa is good for pvp but it’s not a real pvp stat and not good enough to keep players from using op pve gear.

1 Like

We’re also potentially months away from the expansion launch and everything is subject to change. They could create a whole separate PvP gear system for all we know inbetween now and then.

So you acknowledge the system is a joke compared to previous iterations.

Welcome back to reality, friend.

1 Like

That is the hope, and why everyone is making such a fuss over it right now.

Here is a good video on the PVE trinket situation:

https://youtu.be/wdd_vuwIXdo

1 Like

Humans won’t be. If these trinkets are allowed in PVP, just watch the mass switch from Orcs => Humans for PVP.

1 Like

It’s actually an Alliance alt, nice try though :man_shrugging: