How are we supposed to gear for PVP now?

What are the ways to gear for a fresh toon right now. I just wanna hop in BGs to be honest but I dont enjoy getting one shot.

7 Likes

I wish Blizzard would add vendors during the pre-patch so everyone could get on equal gear for leveling. FFXIV does this and it makes things so much easier.

I suspect the best way to gear during the pre-patch will be to farm the WOTLK bosses in Icecrown.

If you’re talking about right-now-right-now you might have the best luck getting into a heroic Ny’alotha raid.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure when I went to check out the trinket vendor they also offered other PvP pieces. Unfortunately, if memory serves correct, they were all similar ilvls to the trinkets which is abysmally low - using one of those trinkets would be a loss of over 60 ilvls for my characters.

10 Likes

ilvl 68 I believe…

EDIT: Imagine if you could purchase ilvl 100+ gear with marks of honor? That would be fun for pre-patch.

5 Likes

per bliz’s clear intention, just buy pve carries using gold purchases from the cash shop

13 Likes

I dont think that this is their intention however they have to know that these are the circumstances and are unwilling to change it.

The devs live in a bubble where they’ve raided with the same people since vanilla and don’t understand the severe social issues their design decisions creates.

13 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much about gearing up it’s Pre Patch. To answer your question though likely M+ so you can get Azerite armor and that is most important. Since it has the highest amount of Stam/Main stat. Also the traits. Then weekly chest has highest item lvl.

Outside of that you can’t really do 5 mask visions now? That would be 470 gear or now 125. Obviously visions still reward the chance to get sockets etc.

BFA really takes a few months to gear up due to RNG and time gating. It’s not like you can just do conquest capping. When I was new I did PvP expeditions to conquest cap fast since you get 30 conquest for a lose and 50 for a win as well as good Azerite/rewards.

I would focus on fun maybe do a M+ cause it’s fastest some world quest and just learn your class for SL. You aren’t going to get catch up gear to compete with BFA fully socketed gear as a new player. Unless they implement that soon perhaps Pre Patch events?

Historically, the pre-patch always brought very decent catch up gear. A lot of players resubscribed solely because of the pre-patch only to realize the event with said catch up gear is delayed possibly 4-6 weeks.

This is a hitshow. It’s having me and my friends reconsider even giving SL a try, because whenever we give Blizzard a chance to redeem themselves, they screw it up royally.

5 Likes

ilvl 100 players are still down like 5k hp and like 30% damage.

4 Likes

i would suggest partysnc but the gear rewards while fighting in the lower brackets dont scale like before. prepatch i would get 425’s(about ilvl100 now im guessing) but now im getting green drops 51 ilvl.

garbage.

Gear up through the dungeon finder, do world emissary quests, etc. I geared up in like 2 weeks to all epics of the equivalent of iLvl 115. Getting up to 125+ took me running Mythic 15s.

To gear out a new character will probably take about 3 weeks.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

What a joke this game is for people who actually want to PVP.

6 Likes

i too suddenly want to try out pvp at the end of an expansion after not pvping all game long so that i can complain about the lack of fun im having

2 Likes

Is this your first pre-patch?

You laugh, but I thought it was a joke at how fast I was able to gear up from blues to purples and sit at the same iLvl of people who were playing the 8.3 patch for 6+ months before me. The catch-up mechanics for gear are already there. You just don’t have to deal with the super grindy corruption system anymore.

So you have all toons at max level and geared out, ready for pre-patch PVP?

I just did not play affliction or shadow priest because they were not good. Now, with all the changes, I want to try them out in PVP. Seems reasonable.

Also I can’t stomach one more ounce of PVE for gear at this point, and during WoD I did not have to.

All I want is PVP to PVP back.

i only pvp on a marksman hunter. no need to pvp on any other class until shadowlands actually comes

If you want to PVE, which I don’t.

See what I am getting at? We used to do this via PVP.

Aff wasn’t bad at all in randoms, neither were spriests. Aff definitely didn’t make the cut for rated pvp though.