How are the darkspears not extinct?

Well I do enjoy a good spa day…

3 Likes

Pre cata they were kept off thier island by a level 14

1 Like

Because the Orcs got their backs … as they do the BE’s and Tauren and Foraken . You are welcome.

1 Like

Many of the playable races in wow are pretty much next to extinct, but that hasn’t stopped us from running into and sometimes fighting entire armies of them!:rofl:

4 Likes

The orcs saved us. Tusk bros for life.

:boar:

6 Likes

Short answer: Because Blizzard said so.
Long answer: I don't understand the size & logistics of the Alliance military - #19 by Grymauch-zangarmarsh
More detailed version of the longer answer: So Sylvanas tactically wins against Alliance - #30 by Grymauch-zangarmarsh

1 Like

My children are always asking if you still bake those delicious cookies.

2 Likes

thanks for the read

appreciate the effort at the very least lol

1 Like

I want to try and see if it works!

Quick question. Are the forsaken already technically extinct?

1 Like

De Darkspear neva die.

4 Likes

Depends a great deal on how you define Extinct.

If you define Extinct as to whether or not something is void of life, then the Forsaken are extinct, but as they are able to actively interact with the world, Extinction must then be considered, within WoW at least, the ability for a race or being to directly influence or manipulate its environment.

I don’t recall the full requirements off the top of my head, but I do recall one of the key components of whether or not something is considered, scientifically, alive is the ability to procreate and/or pass on its genetic lineage.

The Forsaken are unable to do this. They can add to their numbers, but can never have children, or directly pass on their lineage.

They are therefore, not alive, but nor are they extinct, because they move and interact with the world. They have more in common with viruses, in that they are not classified as technically alive, but are most assuredly not figments of our imagination.

I would therefore say, that the Forsaken are not alive, but nor are they extinct.

It is all about the diet. Ever since they gave up cannibalism, they are less crazy.

But of course!

(gives Pheonia a generous box of cookies for her little ones)

:cookie:

They’ll certainly be extinct once zandalari become playable, unless something is done to improve the posture of the Darkspear models.

I have a litter every month during the summer breeding season.

Didn’t yo mamma tell you to stand up straight or you’d grow that way?

Shhhhh or I’ll take all of your hairspray, silly girl. Speaking of extinguished my tiny Blood Elf, one word: Arthas.

least we remind you that even you BE’s were being killed by murlocs in your low lvl questing area?

spoiler: he isnt exactly “dead” anymore…

1 Like

I wish I saved this article. It was about populations and the number of kids each race had. Orc was top with 12-18, goblins 9-12, gnomes 4-6, trolls were 6-9, humans 9-12, tureans was 4-6, elf all were 1-2, draenei 3-8 and dwarf was 3-5. It was very interesting to read. Just wish I could remember the rest of it. I hope i got number close. this done from memory and I am old. So deal with it.

1 Like

I think the WoW RPG tried to nail down some basic world-building like this, but it was declared non-canon. I should see if I can find a copy of it anyways.