How are people so strong/ Unkillable?

Been having fun playing pvp on some new leveling toons with my wife.
She is into pvp way more then me like since vanilla she has enjoyed it and i never really got into, but like i said with these new toons we made i have been having fun.

So i logged onto one of my 120 toons this BM hunter 415ilvl.
I Was with her on her toon doing the scramble.
I Could not kill anyone, i could slow them down, i could be a nuisance, But It would take 3 or 4 of us to kill one player from the other team, like even a rogue was impossible to kill. But just one of them could kill me in less then 3 or 4 hits like it was nothing.

Im curious how this is possible. Im not the best pvp player but im certainly not new to wow and its mechanics. She says it was probably a premade and they where probably geared out. Can that really make that much difference that i could be one shotted and just basically not hurt them at all ?

Also i would look and my damage was only like 2 million and they where around 10 million in the battleground.

4 Likes

Welcome to ilvl differences. I noticed while I was playing scramble there were a lot of mythic geared players. Assuming they were going for rep. Well, my 450’ish toon did nothing to a 477 monk or mage. Meanwhile, they were taking a quarter of my health a shot. It’s just the end of expansion blues. If you are going against toons that are 50 - 60 ilvls above you, your results will be less than adequate.

3 Likes

It’s a number of things…

• large item level gap (example: your 415 Hunter vs a 470+ enemy player), higher item level players will simply have more health than you
  • defensive azerite traits, passive shields, passive heal effects, etc
  • lots of people stacking Vers corruptions right now, making them super tanky whenever it procs
  • certain classes like DH are inherently tanky just due to class design (in general classes with lots of self-healing are a hassle to kill)

Certain forum posters (they know who they are) will claim item level doesn’t matter at all, and that your 415 Hunter should be capable of topping the bg charts/being a killing machine just thru good play alone, but as you have seen first-hand that simply isn’t true :laughing:

4 Likes

Can confirm that

is actually making this disc priest and one of my paladins into a literal tank in bgs.

Just to give you an idea, with conflict and strife stacked and versatile navigation procced this character takes about 20% less damage which increases to about 40% if I’m running conflict and strife major and get stunned.

Aside from that though ilvl difference is huge and a 460+ player will smash someone way lower effortlessly due to essences, corruptions, stat optimization, raid trinkets, etc. Stamina difference due to the heart of azeroth and azerite pieces is also gigantic.

4 Likes

Alot of people stacked vers corruptions so they are god mode atm

Ran into a MW other day to the point where even 5 people couldnt kill him and he was just spaming emotes like nothing

2 Likes

Never seen anyone say this.

BM is not super great in pvp atm.

When you say you are not the best pvp player, that is fine. But this is somewhat concerning.

Are you running any of the available pvp addons that are giving you information on what healers are in range, who they are targeting and what cd’s are being used?

If not, even with better gear, you are going to have a bad time.

Yes. This is the equivalent of a fresh gear level 60 fighting HWL/ GM/ Naxx40 geared players. You will lose, badly.

415’ is a nothing ilevel… plus do you have rank 3 essences , Atleast level 12 cloak , corruptions ?

Accept getting destroyed till you get all these.

And there are a lot of highly geared ppl doing the scramble compared to usual BG’s which is probably due to them farming the WSG rep. So you won’t have a good experience in there.

I played a lot of brawl games yesterday , most games had 600 k plus DPS in them. I have 466 level gear and I was kinda undergeared in many of them .

I usually do 12 + Million healing a BG as Prot so your 2 mil dmg isn’t doing much when players are stacking Versa, absorb shields, trinkets etc.

I usually do 10+ mil dmg too and you need really good corruptions and essences to do big burst. Heck my crucible hits for 150k in PvP. Just get good corruptions and essences.

PvE burst trinkets like Bike and Drest help alot as well.

Anything under 455 is really low. You also need Rank 15 cloak and rank 3 essences.

Rank 12+ Cloak gives you a 3k main stat proc with great uptime. It’s like having a great trinket ontop of everything else.

Nailed it! The usual forum dwellers that love to argue with no basis or understanding of facts will deny this. You need Rank 3 essences, Rank 15 cloak, great corruptions, gems, trinkets etc…

2 Likes

Crazy how they die in arena. Before dampening

this might be 8.0 disc all over again in bgs :sunglasses:

Unfortunately, you’re like 4 raid tiers behind geared players in PvP.

Sadly, BFA PvP is heavily based on your gear.

3 Likes

RPG game where Gear matters who would of thought that would happen :man_facepalming:

Gearing up is the most fun part of PvP. Just get more gear then own it up. That is the game we play. We want gear to have a massive impact that means it’s fun. Just hope there is less RNG in the futrue.

Most fun part of pvp isn’t doing pve for gear.

17 Likes

Who is we? No, “we” don’t. I do not PvP to grind gear, nor do I think gear should have a massive impact either. Horrible takes like this is why we have BfA PvP with BiS PvE trinkets, essences, cloak, and corruptions on top of needing to get the base gear from PvE. What you’re describing (gear mattering) is already in the game, today. Right now. This is what we have.

I don’t know why people who insist on roleplaying with their characters just don’t go to Moonguard and leave other aspects of the game alone.

6 Likes

Right we play the game to grind gear and attain tremendous power then we PvP with it.

WoW is an RPG game so yes it should. When you get a BiS item it should feel like a huge upgrade for PvP which builds excitement and makes you eager to que up some PvP.

I said the gearing system wasn’t good and we need more BiS gear to come from PvP. However the most important aspect of this game is Gear to create fun builds in an RPG. To create something that fits your playstyle. We achieve that through lots of gearing options and talents. Which we could use some love on the talents I wish we had Talent trees again.

Yes it is infinitely better than Templates but this scaling has to go since these hidden mechanics are wonky and lies. Gear should be Gear and no hidden numbers and scaling.

RPG game I literally log in to attain the best gear to PvP with then own it up. Heaven forbid I play the game as it was intended. That is why I love RPG games and World of Warcraft. The gear brings in the incentive to play because of what you can do with it.

PvP always needs to be a 2 step process. First you enjoy the gearing up process to PvP and then you PvP and work on your skills around the gear you attained. If gear doesn’t matter or have an impact there is no point in playing the game. That is why templates were massively hated by the community and removed because they ruined the core aspect of the game.

I went into a scramble with my vers set… which gives me around 466k hp and 34% unbuffed vers. People could barely dent me. Crazy what diff it makes.

Though for arena I actually felt better in my general pvp set that is around 510k hp / 28% vers unbuffed.

stop - this is the main rub of the majority of the pvp community at this time.

all competitive sports would like a word with you. lol

Glad you’re having fun. Really I am.
However, your pvp view is more the exception than the rule.
Just roll with it bro… :sunglasses:

5 Likes

i just want to pvp, the grind for a fresh 120 sucks right now

need to get the cloak and level it. level essences, level artifact, raise ilevel, find good corruptions. its really off putting i dont even want to play a new character becasue of all of that

this is not how mmos always were and always have to be either, legion and wod were not like this. TBC-mop had a bit of a grind for item level but it was not nearly this deep

12 Likes