How about letting Death Knights in WOW obtain Frostmourne somehow?

I personally would only use it on a DK, but I wouldn’t care if it was available to all classes.

Reforging Frostmourne isn’t lore-breaking, because we’ve already reforged it. So we clearly have the capability to do so, particularly now that we’re good buddies with the guy who originally forged it to begin with.

Frostmourne was a powerful weapon, but at the end of the day, it was a runeblade. Death Knights as a class are accustomed to wielding such weapons. All of the souls previously trapped within Frostmourne were freed (with a slight implication that some small fragment of Arthas may remain within), and again, canonically we already wield the shards of Frostmourne.

This is nothing more than taking the thing we already have, and allow us to use its original appearance.

4 Likes

Yes, give Frostmourne DKs only thanks

1 Like

With Paladins and Shamans able to run around with the Asbhringer and Doomhammer respectively, I don’t see why DK’s shouldn’t be able to obtain a replica version of Frostmourne from the Primus or something.

8 Likes

They opened up Pandora’s box with the upgraded Gorehowl being obtainable through “an alternate timeline”, so it’s lore doesn’t matter if we can get one from “an alternate timeline.”

11 Likes

No, we don’t.

Ashbringer shattered the blade then we made two swords out of the pieces of it.

So once again, you have no problem ignoring lore when it’s something you want.

2 Likes

I agree generally, but I will point out that Ashbringer has had souls inside it before. Probably not anymore, but paladins do hear Tirion’s voice on occasion after his death…

Agreed.

1 Like

Dk’s don’t have fire spells

2 Likes

Tbh I wouldn’t mind seeing a toy added to the store that lets you use weapons like frostmourne, shalamayne and other legendary weapons.

It still baffles my mind that people still use this lame excuse of “the lore of frostmourne is done and gone” like, do you even pay attention to the game?

Demon hunters were able to get the transmog version of illidan weapons, we are able to get Grom axe and Lothar sword by alternative timelines, WHY it is difficult to think in a way that we are able to unlock the transmog looks of frostmourne?

Do you guys need to be that petty to just not let people want something so trivial that would benefit so much the game? isn’t like we are asking something that would break the game

7 Likes

They weren’t shattered and remade into different weapons.

This wasn’t shattered and made into different weapons.

We went to an AU and was able to bring back items from it.

2 Likes

who cares?

Again who cares? the two versions we have are from alternate timelines

ok

so we can do the same with frostmourne, so the whole bit about being shattered mens jack, there is multiple ways for this to work

4 Likes

I do.

Again, I do. Why does your care outweigh mine?

Ok, where is AU Northrend? I don’t remember going there.

2 Likes

Because yours doesn’t make sense. The idea that just because the MU frostmourne was shattered and remade by no means invalidate the idea of bringing back the OG frostmourne as transmog option.

Why do you think there would be only one? there is multiple timelines, you don’t need to go there already for then to exist

Like i said, there is already two ways for this to work and be lore friendly

1 - Take the two toothpicks and reforge again into frostmourne
2 - Adquire from an alternative timeline

and the last one have multiple implications, like we can travel to a world where the scourge won against the factions, we infiltrate as another death knight and kill Arthas himself and take his weapon and his helm. to use as transmog

2 Likes

Frostmourne got blown up

Could do a replica, call it chillymourne

Yes it does.

Ok, when did we go to them?

2 Likes

Slayer of the lifeless, look it up on wowhead.

When blizzard decide to take that route to make frostmourne as transmog ?

1 Like

You don’t get it.
Blizzard took note that you don’t want it.

Ok we should definitely wait for that to happen.