How about half-elves?

Note: Copied a chunk of this from a post of mine in the Blood/Void elf customization thread because I’m lazy and didn’t feel like typing up the whole thing again.

So while a lot of us are genuinely happy that blood elves are getting the option for blue eyes and void elves are getting some high elf customization options baked in, there are other people who are insisting on even more high elf customization including the ability to be paladins. Other players want the unique theme of the void elves preserved, and so naturally are against this.

My solution to the “We want elfy paladins on the Alliance” issue without negating the void elf theme would be this:

Allied race: Half-elves.  

Realistically speaking the Alliance would have far more half elves among them anyway, especially from Dalaran and Stormwind. In Legion Elisande even mocks the Alliance high elves by saying:

“Quel’dorei? You are peasants playing at nobility, all too willing to mingle with lesser races that dilute your bloodline. You are unworthy of the name high elves.”

Blood elves in general are too proud to interbreed/marry with humans, but we know Alliance high elves have done so and continue to do so (Alleria, Vereesa…the first guardian Alodi was also a half elf).

Model: Use the human model as the base. This reflects their human heritage and prevents having a third playable race with the blood/void elf model.

• Give them the ear length customization options.

• Natural hair tones (Shades of blonde, brown, red, auburn, and black)

• NON glowing eyes (human-like with white schlera and colored iris in human shades). The eyes not glowing would further differentiate them from the pure elves.

• All human skin tones

• Shorter eyebrows

Customization options could be a variety of jewerly and tattoos that reflect their mixed heritage

Classes: Warrior, paladin, hunter, rogue, mage, priest, warlock and death knight

The character would still be called a half-elf by NPCs (like a blue-eyed, fair-skinned void elf will still be called a void elf), but they’d still be a fair-skinned, pointy-eared paladin on the Alliance and them using the light wouldn’t be lore-breaking.

And if Alliance got half-elves, give Horde Mok’nathal in return.

7 Likes

So humans with mutated eyelashes and ears?

no

1 Like

Yes! So many good ideas and points here!

I am also desparately wanting to main a void or high (or half) elf paladin!

2 Likes

Half Elves should they ever be a thing should just be human customization options.

There’s no cultural significance with half-breeds.

6 Likes

i made 2 different threads on this very topic over the last 2 years and heavily participated in another. i theorized that alliance aligned high elves are probably already mostly some percentage of half elf. they’ve been interacting with and living around humans for 2800 years, in dalaran.

2 Likes

I love the idea of Half-Elves, and I honestly think that’s where the future of High Elf lore should tread.

Blood Elves are the ‘real’ High Elves, so their city, culture and everything else kind of belongs to… them. But High Elves have their own stuff going for them, and their future should be about how they’re adapting to living with their Alliance buds.

5 Likes

Blood Elves and Void Elves will (most probably) be getting long-short ear options. I believe that’s Blizzard way of saying “here are your half-elves!”

1 Like

How about Quarter-elves too?

2 Likes

yeah, i was kinda hoping they were doing that because they made half elves as a playable race, and you could then modify their ears. but if ear size changer is on the alpha belf creation screen, then i bet you’re right

1 Like

Speaking as a huge D&D (and fantasy/tabletop RPG nerd in general), I’ve just always liked half elves, and since I highly doubt they’ll give void elves the paladin class, this would be the most lore-friendly compromise route to go with (especially since, in giving void elves ‘normal’ coloring options, it’s pretty much the nail in the coffin to people wanting Alliance high elves as their own allied race slot).

Besides, I’d like an elfy race with non-glowing eyes and eyebrows that looked less like insect antennae >_> And it would give Alliance another option for paladins.

2 Likes

There is more to fantasy than just elves, elves, and more elves… I really wish people would just give it a rest.

3 Likes

This is the only Elf worth talking about.

I don’t want to hear anything else until I’m loading the WoW ELF on my PS5.

1 Like

well since we are entertaining this notion atm, i’ll show you some examples i found

so the idea was to make them part human, and as a result, we’d be able to tap into the new african and asians skins/faces/hair, making the first african and asian elves in the game. as a result, i used this example as an african female half elf shaman

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/astrohanasia/images/4/46/Drudru.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/249?cb=20180423010946

and this, asian female warrior half elf

https://s1.1zoom.me/big0/650/Elves_Dragons_Asian_518824_732x1024.jpg

Different people like different things. People are always complaining about ‘world of elfcraft’, but elves are popular because a lot of people like them. The other races still outnumber the elves in WoW (whether an equal number of people play them or not). Humans (normal, kul-tiran, undead, werewolf gilneans), dwarves, trolls, tauren, goblins, gnomes, and draenei

17 non-elf races
4 elf races.

edit: I forgot orcs >_>

1 Like

Please no more elves. We have four playable elves. FOUR. We have got to be pushing maximum elf capacity for a single game at this point.

You want a half-something? Fine, pick orcs, or trolls, or even murlocs if you must, but can we PLEASE MOVE ON FROM ELVES?!?

1 Like

you get mok’nathal, we get half elves. we’ll call it the half and half patch. hehe

3 Likes

Yes, and if you want to RP as a half-whatever…you already can. Arator is a half-elf and he’s indistinguishable from a BE/HE. Kalec is a half-elf disguise, and it’s indistinguishable from a human. Garona is a half-orc, and she’s indistinguishable from an orc.

i want to make a black vulcan. yes, if we got half elves where the non elf part is human, we could make black vulcans. i wanna make an asian half elf with a long braid down her back. :sparkling_heart:

At this point, anything to get us away from this nightmare scenario with the Avoid Elves.

and you, young lady, i want the devs to give you a faery wings customization, complete with antennae. you’d be absolutely adorable. might as well embrace the cute.

2 Likes