Hour+ queue for Crucible LFR?

Same reason anyone is going to discuss it on the forums, I suppose.
I’m surprised myself, because I figured the LFR market was pretty loyal.
Seems otherwise, based on this, so I’d like to better understand the purpose of the difficulty atm, as I believe its borderline useless to most players.

I’ve been accused of only seeing one side, but now I am trying to see another side, and its not going so well :frowning:

1 Like

i might do it for story since i am waiting on people to do the quest to get in.

And this is possibly one of the problems with this game atm - too many players not prepared to do anything even half way complicated, preferring to get gear and goodies the easy way.

No insult intended to you, Ray, but it is a growing concern to me that whenever anything challenging is introduced to the game, they also introduce things that make the challenge not worth the effort. The bar is being lowered so far down players trip over it while afk.

4 Likes

Too bad there’s those darned other people in the game, eh?

1 Like

Another thing is the ilvl for the raid is way too low.
None of the items give an upgrade for me

Ran once to see the story and that’s it.
The transmog isnt great either so no point to run more than once.

4 Likes

DPS in LFR are terribly rude, I dislike doing it in LFR because of how horrible people are to each other.

2 Likes

Besides, loot from that place is pretty unattractive stat/effect-wise, at least to me. When I checked what’s available, I was like “Why do I bother doing it for such drops.”

Oh, I didn’t realize that launched.

Raiding seems sort of irrelevant when the obtainable mogs are bland and you can keep up with gear just by doing WQs.

2 Likes

Personally, I prefer having SOME mechanics in my LFR. If I wanted a target dummy, I’d go to a target dummy.

1 Like

10 minutes for me this afternoon as heals. 2 wipes on each. Tank(s) needed to do some communicating and people had to figure out when to do artifacts, but not too big of a deal.

Guild started on heroic and I haven’t had time to Pug a normal, so wanted to get my feet wet with basics.

Also habit I guess… I only started raiding with a guild recently and I spent most of my time in WoW doing LFR. I also came to enjoy it I guess…

1 Like

I did it earlier and it took a few attempts because we were all new to the fights. But its a pain to try and get that last boss done with idiots that don’t care to do the boss mechanics.

380 gear is a non starter for most people.

2 Likes

I don’t do LFR, but out on world bosses on alts earlier today, I was seeing a few 40-player groups form with no tanks and only 1 or 2 healers.

Well, now that I got in to try it out I gotta say this is way overtuned for LFR. Groups cant even get past the last boss with 10 stacks.

lol - Figures, This is why I wait a week or 2 to try it out. I still remember that last boss in WoD Hellfire, I think Archimonde? EVERY group you’d join would have 10 stacks and skeletons everywhere. Total waste of time too, It’s probably the same thing as of today with Crucible just coming out today

Also, Why in the world would people ask “Why are people doing LFR anyways?”

…It’s a great way to gear Alts, and NO… Quests aren’t dropping 395+ not sure where you’re getting that from. It’s 365+, Emissary Azerite when it’s up is 400, and if one comes up for Armor it’s 395+

LFR is still a fun way to learn the mechanics and gear your Alts, Otherwise if you out-gear it on your Main and alread know the mechanics on Normal, Then I see your question on why people would do it

2 Likes

buddy crucible drops 375 and 380 gear, it’s complete crap

WQ’s were just buffed to 395 and 400

it’s like bliz is trying to kill off LFR participation hoping some of them will feel ‘forced’ into regular raiding

however that hasn’t worked at all

2 Likes

Well in that case I’ll tell you what rubbed me wrong, personally.

Your opener.
“Surprised anyone does LFR at all”.
“Help me understand the problem”.
Why try and help someone understand an issue that they are shocked anyone is doing in the first place?

What is this? Is this an insult? A jab? Supposed to be welcoming. I just feel as a green, that comment wasn’t entirely necessary.

It felt, snarky and full of negativity.

People do LFR for lots of reasons and I highly doubt it’s all for transmogs, some people use it as a means to actually gear. I also feel like you know this too and don’t need told. Although I can’t see much use coming out of most the stuff in the new raid and it’s really not worth to me, to others it is.

In the end though, what does better understanding do for any of us, it’s clear no one listens that really can make changes. I can’t fault you for trying though, I just think your words could have been chosen differently.

6 Likes

What level do you start seeing the 395 and 400 gear? My hunter is ilvl 390 and still only sees 370 world quests.

Made another post about power progression and that Bliz updated the gear for Emmissaries and WQ too early and to much.