Hotfixes -- Updated March 12

arms is also not outstanding. they are about the same as havoc. i personally think warriors have it the worst right now. one dps spec is basically dead last with frost mage, and arms is slightly above arcane maybe. but atleast mage has fire to respec to, warriors just have to be arms if they want to do dps, and even then I could parse a 95 and still be out dpsd by a 65 UnH or MM/Boom etc. Its pretty painful

1 Like

It’s okay not to be top DPS, and it’s okay to have performance differences between the specs, but they are too wide right now. Players (especially DPS-only classes) are being left with one exceptionally good choice, and one or two very, very weak choices. In some cases, those choices are so weak, the specs are virtually unplayable in group content.

This is ironic for several reasons, not least being is that changing specs is not easy in SL because of Covenants, Soulbinds, and Conduits. You can’t just swap Covenants and Legedaries without paying a hefty price, and setting yourself back weeks.

Love to know if Blizzard is going to do anything

If we’re not getting any more tuning, we need to know - officially - through the forums. I know Ion has said a couple things about it, but his comments have not always lined up with Blizzard’s actions.

Are we going to have to live with insanely untuned specs the entire patch, or is Blizzard going to tune things - and when? Do we need to switch specs, legendaries, and covenants (some classes)? Will we regret it if we do switch specs?

Personally, I haven’t used any Soul Ash for weeks because I’m afraid to. I can’t believe they are going to leave things as they are when they’re this far off, but the silence is deafening. A lot of us would like to know if there is a plan to address the class (20-25%) and spec (10-20%) discrepancies, so we know how to proceed.

One of the responsibilities Blizzard has when they give us meaningful choices, is to give us enough information to actually make these choices. Right now, we have nothing but silence. Anything we do is gambling. Gambling on a couple weeks worth of resources is not fun.

10 Likes

Rogue anima powers (unceasing chain link) are still randomly dropping off and disappearing. I lost three stacks of it today from floors 2-6.

Please undo the nerf on BFA emissary rewards! It’s just not the right hour to do that - many people don’t do raids!

Rogue anima powers (unceasing chain link) are still randomly dropping off and disappearing. I lost three stacks of it today from floors 2-6.

1 Like

Former expac goldmaking always get nerfed. Go do current expac things for gold, like the callings which guranteed give 1.5k~ gold when done (in vendorable grays). I’m glad they nerfed bfa emissaries, it reduces gold inflation.

I have two cute little requests!

Could you please add a few more mailboxes in Oribos? Also, could you please add another mailbox close to the northwestern wing in the Kyrian hometown? It would be much appreciated!

1 Like

Havent blizz said anything about survivability? its so fricking frustrating to go into arenas as a havoc DH where u get all every BiS and not been able to survive for 30 secs
Not to mention that a DH without The Hunt has a pretty low kill potential, its like dhs are a decoy/support class on arenas

In terms of dmg on pve, the 5% wasnt that bad, we could use some 5-7% more to become relevant.

2 Likes

This is what irritates me the most is when we pay good money and invest in the game for years and years these people don’t give us the common courtesy to respond, they act like we are not worthy or deserving of a response when WE PAY THEIR SALARY! It would be nice to know what their intentions are so we don’t waste time, money resources on a class or classes they refuse to fix. I have seen many people go already, I don’t want to join them but if this keeps up then I will protest with my wallet also, come back when they clean up their act and at least “Pretend” to care about their game and their customers enjoyment.

6 Likes

They are so far detached from their playerbase it’s unacceptable. We do the majority of the work for them regarding balancing and they don’t even have the decency to respond.

3 Likes

Dear Blizzard

It has been over a month and Assassination rogues still does no damage and I cant play the expansion because of the spec being so bad. I dont get invited to groups and i die if i pull an extra mob in the middle of me doing a world quest. dont get me started with torghast im consistently dyeing to mobs that i should not be dyeing to and can’t even complete layer 3 torghast without getting a carry from my guild. Currently i have only seen another assassination rogue and he is also complaining about the same problem so i sure its not just me.

yours sincerely,

your boy makaveli

2 Likes

I really Hope now that the holidays are over a really big wave of class changes and tweaking is on it’s way. The prospect of having to reroll to a class i didnt want to play to stay in a competitive margin of certain classes for PVE activities really kills off the “Individual Fun”. As it stands now things are more out of balance than corruption. Classes should be within a few Percent of each others Max damage so we can Focus more on who’s playing the spec than the class that someone is playing.

2 Likes

Let’s goooooooo frost DK buffs
 come on blizzard I know we are forgotten but man we would love some love

Your right I blow that class out of the water with a frost dk that is under geared. And my class is supposed to be dog doo doo. It’s bizarre seeing frost mages do so terrible.

1 Like

Still waiting on those tuning adjustments.

The holidays are over and so is the race for world first. Players are expecting something this Tuesday now that there are no more excuses remaining for the devs to abstain from making adjustments. Hopefully the changes don’t disappoint.

6 Likes

I’m hoping they update the hotfixes tomorrow. The current disparity between classes in actual play (not just simulations) is obscene.

9 Likes

I think those expecting major tuning the during the first week after staff are back on duty will be disappointed. I would be happy to be wrong, but I have realistic expectations–if most are back to work on Monday (1/4), nothing significant is coming out on Tuesday (1/5). Maybe next week (1/12) there might be some tuning changes, but likely not comprehensive for all classes that need it.

1 Like

Hold onto your soul ash, don’t switch covenants, and don’t level alts for at least another week.

1 Like

Blizzard isn’t a public school system, it’s not like the entire company has been off since Dec 22, right?

Looks like they just pushed through some hotfixes today. Sadly it looks like no class balancing ones (and a nerf to stygia farming as well).

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/news/23580183/hotfixes-january-4-2021