Hotfix for Dungeon XP

With a hotfix that is now live, we’ve made the following adjustment:

• Experience granted to players in dungeons is now standardized, and does not change with the size of the player’s party.

This standardized experience value is equal to what the leveling player would have previously earned in a 5-person party.

Going into the pre-patch, dungeon experience was tuned around the expectation of full parties. However, we saw that taplist loopholes in combination with pre-patch changes to dungeon scaling revealed some extreme leveling tactics by fewer than 5 players. We want dungeons to remain lucrative, and to be a valid alternative to questing and other experience sources, rather than to overshadow them.

3 Likes

grats. …

Do you guys even internally test things yourself or do you just greenlight everything on the go?

22 Likes

Cue fury from bug exploiters in 3… 2… 1…

18 Likes

I believe fun was found and thus, fun was nerfed.

41 Likes

Fun detected…

10 Likes

Dungeons take longer to queue for now.

3 Likes

Were people actually doing dungeons with two or three? Because, if so, they deserve the bonus xp in my opinion.

28 Likes

are you ever doing anything about the scaling in older raid content as well as outer BFA world content? I’m struggling to have fun right now because bosses i could solo even on alts with no corruption are completely destroying me right now. As if you guys made my toon much weaker and older raids/current content outer world much stronger. Are we EVER getting a fix to this?

Ion’s own words:
“When it’s done, you’ll likely feel a bit weaker due to Corruption’s removal (8.3 content tuned around Corruption will be rebalanced, but the rest of the game wasn’t built with that in mind) but otherwise you should be able to solo what you could at 120”

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/1298294193773633537

33 Likes

So much this. It’s much more important than fun nerf above…

7 Likes

That was always the plan to nerf you into the ground with the pre patch.

1 Like

So you are telling me the devs flat out lied then, what a shock:

https://www.wowhead.com/news=317630.3/game-director-ion-hazzikostas-on-soloing-legion-content-in-the-pre-patch

“When it’s done, you’ll likely feel a bit weaker due to Corruption’s removal (8.3 content tuned around Corruption will be rebalanced, but the rest of the game wasn’t built with that in mind) but otherwise you should be able to solo what you could at 120”

3 Likes

They did say you would feel weaker! Your “bit” is not the same as their “bit”.

What about about that???

2 Likes

They lied about that part.

5 Likes

they did said we’d get a bit weaker but could still solo stuff we could at 120 with no corruption. my DK with zero corruption could solo Mythic Goroth on one go without ever dropping under 50% hp on mythic tomb, and once prepatch came around i need to wipe multiple times for RGN and CDs to align in a way i can kill.

3 Likes

See above… :slight_smile:

I did tell people on the forums they wouldn’t be able to solo Legion content anymore during pre patch.

1 Like

Isn’t this about leveling boost sellers?

5 Likes

I would like to echo this as well.

1 Like

Missed that part. Good to see someone who got the point across. I’m just pissed because while i can take gold nerfs to older raids(i saw it coming), i absolutely despise being made into a wimp after being promised i wasn’t. I just hope they properly address it.

2 Likes