Hot take: TBC is not a great expansion

Because it’s a single player game?

It was, but Games Workshop is kinda impossible to work with.

TL:DR “I dont have any data, but “everyone” and “lots of talk about” will carry my argument”

Holy crap this post couldn’t have been any more wrong.

I don’t think anyone cares for PVP. Reason why PVE servers are jam packed.

I admit. I boosted a priest to tailor and make bags. Plus, I found it annoying leveling a priest up until I realized playing the Pally was much worse.

Fantasy game. Instead of complaining about space ships, complain about being sent to China in MoP where more than 50% of players hated the idea and aesthetic. Culture should not be in this game. It was ugly yet colorful. By far the worst expansion.

I never saw TBC being God awful for leveling. Dungeons are a requirement for gear to progress through questing. Vanilla WoW was by far the hardest to level since mana was always an issue and lack of gear gave you downtime in progression. One of the reasons I stopped playing as of now. Kill, Kill, drink, kill kill drink, kill kill, drink. Good luck finding groups for dungeons to gear up 10-60. Business model now selling dungeon runs.

Immersion was never a thing for blizzard. This is why they introduced flying. They basically gave up on open land as you saw in vanilla and introduced compact zones.

Anything binding is awful. The crafting system was always a waste in WoW especially now in retail. I get lost looking in my inventory wondering what all that crap is for.

As I stated before. Open world zones were amazing and allowed for exploration. The immersion is the key for video games. The same reason we want VR to succeed. In retail I feel as though I’m jumping from room to room. That’s how small and tight the zones are.

This is not vanilla, it’s classic. The days of grouping and running dungeons for gear are done. Min-max winner winner chicken dinner.

In conclusion. WoW was never a good game. It was a work in progress that eventually failed. Achievements, more goals and more goals. That’s the reason why we stuck around. Let’s not forget. What was out there besides WoW?

If you want to relax and enjoy a game. I found Final Fantasy to be that game. Unfortunately, the art style and Japanese/Korean theme is not my thing.

Compared to classic this is fantastic. But if you don’t like it, that’s fine. No one is forcing you to pay the sub and stick around. You can cancel that sub any day.

Flying could have been so good if they added a cooldown and duration on it. Add some weather and wind interactions.

The way they implemented flight was so halfassed.

Primal nethers became boe in patch 2.4. Anyone know what phase this is happening in?

probably last phase when SWP comes? isnt phase 2 SSC - TK then phase 3 hyjal - bt? phase 4 swp, zul’aman?

The only thing I agree with you is the Pre-patch. It should have been longer. They missed the marketing/hype train on this. I had to get all sweaty and rush the content to level my character.

1 Like

There’s a lot to TBC, players are just rushing through content. Game is fine for those of us who just play a couple hours a day.

Nah its a great expansion. Your straight up wrong. Playing shadowlands then this, this feels like a real video game.

ok byeeeee!

Command and Conquer is a multiplayer game.

People looked into this and found old videos from original TBC. The “nerfed” Honor rates were actually consistent between pre-patch and vanilla TBC. The real problem was the day or so when Honor rates were super-high.

You can argue Honor rates should be a higher in general but that’s technically a change.

HAHA. Man you missed the mark on that one. I like Classic open world levelling. TBC pre-patch levelling was even better because 1-60 became a little less punishing, more quests were added and quest XP was improved. It actually feels really nice. It’s not as good as efficient dungeon XP but it’s good enough. Interestingly at least some of these quests just didn’t make the cut to original Vanilla (eg the Dustwallow Marsh quest chains just mysteriously end in Classic and they were finished in TBC).

The difference with TBC is if you want to level mostly with quests at various points you run out of quests but the big problem is you feel like you’re being punished for doing it. Why? Because doing the quests to level hurts you in gold and rep. That’s just not true in Classic.

That’s just not true. For the record, I don’t. I played on a PVP server in Classic and hugely regretted it so now I play on PVE. But the huge relative increase in Horde populations in TBC tells you a ton of people care about PVP. Looking at arena participation and server population numbers you can estimate Alliance population went from about 45-50% of the population to 35-40%.

Of course. Boosting is there so it makes total sense for people to use it. I don’t blame anyone for that. Players can’t self-police the integrity of the game. That’s Blizzard’s responsibility and they chose to cash in instead.

I don’t know the motivation for MoP but it really did feel like the Kung Fu Panda expansion. You can argue it’s cultural appropriation and the cheapDisneyification of Chinese culture in Chinese culture to appeal to the Chinese audience and those arguments have merit. I also think that this thinly-veiled appeal to China is behind a lot of the negativity of MoP. IMHO if instead they’d added a new non-panda race and added monks but didn’t call them that MoP would be remembered a lot more positively.

I’ve levelled 4 60s and another 5 to 40+ in Classic. Most of that is open world. Like I think I’ve done the Duskwood quest chains like 6 times now. And that’s every class except warrior and druid. You really don’t need a lot of gear to level in Classic. Beyond Phase 1 you can supplement what you get from the AH.

As an example, there’s a Judgement 1-60 levelling guide for paladins that only relies on vendor and questing gear. I think I got to 48 or so in 4-5 days played that way. It’s entirely doable. Even enjoyable.

Funny how you say this because the multiplayer in C&C is unbalanced and need changes.

It’s like telling a crackhead crack is bad for them, they won’t quit because they already invested so much time smoking crack. What a waste of all that crack they smoked. So they go to the crackhead forums and complain that crack just aint what it used to be, not realizing its their fault for smoking so much crack and building up such an insane tolerance.

This. Retail is a huge turn off for me because there is no breathing room. The zones are small and completely packed with hostile NPC. It’s unrealistic. The barrens for instance, packed areas and open areas. You can easily dodge the few mobs in the open spaces. Retail feels like an aggro arcade, old world feels like an RPG.

1 Like

So a person cannot criticize the game they like. Gotcha.

OMG a paragraph! It’s like climbing Mt. Everest!1!

2 Likes

There are definitely a ton of flaws in TBC but tier 5 and tier 6 alone make it worth playing.

Some of the best raids ever