Hot take: Plunderstorm is so hilarious bad just so they can sell more t-shirts!

Think about it, people are more likely to buy shirts that have memes on them! :dracthyr_tea: :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

6 Likes

What are you disliking about it?

I thought it was clear: the T-shirts! :rofl:

1 Like
  1. I do not possess the reflexes for this game.
  2. I prefer to have my skills and abilities/binds well established on my keyboard
  3. The start area is too short of a timer and I’d like to access it as a Ashran (neutral zone or semi-neutral) then choose go into battle.
  4. Getting deleted by people who are 4 levels above you brings back being ganked in old PvP servers
  5. No chat
  6. No ability to see who is left in the match; just this rapid scroll to the next player viewpoint.
  7. No ladder ranking list
  8. The renown vendor isn’t obvious until I checked wowhead
  9. It’s not a new map; it’s just a Warfront. Why is it not at least in Dragon Isles?

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

11 Likes

I appreciate it. Do you think the first 4 points could be a matter of adjustment?

1. Makes sense, it’s a BR style of PvP
  2. See above.
  3. I don’t think this is rated so I don’t imagine there would be a ladder.
  4. Fair they could make this more clear.
  5. Speculative here but I’d imagine they’ll bring this back so they decided on a very battlefieldy map.
    To add to your point on number 9, we’re pirates on a 97% land map?? Why
1 Like

I despise PvP, so this turned me off from the start.

The Ui is terrible to me. The R and T keys are nonsensical placement at best. There’s no direction on what to do or where to go or how this works, so if you don’t know the game mode, you’re just screwed. I couldn’t find a way to heal, you don’t heal when you level, if you don’t take the correct abilities you’re deleted in seconds… it’s not fun, it’s frustration.

It’s a new game mode, not a patch for retail and it’s separated the playerbase, while also making some so frustrated that they won’t even log into retail now.

This entire thread outlines many of the issues people are having:

10 Likes

I don’t even think they could sell t-shirts anymore.

1 Like

I actually got an email of them excitedly telling me all about the new Plunderstorm gear on the shop. :dracthyr_crylaugh:

Thank you for that! I’ll have a look through it. I think I’m invested enough for the renown track but I don’t think I’d voluntarily play it otherwise for the same reason as you, I don’t PvP all that much.

1 Like

I’ve never played a battle Royale game, so I’m just used to how PvP works in Warcraft and I can pull up a screen showing who’s left.

If anything, let the spectators see it unless it somehow gives an unfair advantage. I’m not sure why or how.

And by ladder, I mean in that match itself.

As in who got the most points, who got the most items who got the most kills because in theory, I could survive the whole map by hiding in some bushes, and while everyone else dies.

It doesn’t feel finished is what I’m getting at.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

1 Like

Tried to play several games, every single one disconnected. No need to go back.

That isnt too common in battle royales. Im not sure why tbh. But yeah i cant even think of one ive played that had an scoreboard in match.

1 Like

Why are mods allowing hate threads now?

You mean like yours? No one knows. But here you still are after all the toxicity you’ve caused around here lately…

2 Likes

everything you said is so accurate. on top of the fact WHERE is our progression bar for reknown blizzard? WHERE IS IT? u say the plunder we collect directly corrolates to how much renown we get per round…cool…only it doesn’t MATH. when i can manage to avoid other players and actually gather plunder and i get ganked eventually and the game says ‘+344 reputation’ oh great awesome…only to get back to the main join a game screen to discover my plunder amount didnt get bigger. not even by ONE piece of gold…can’t provide us with a progression bar AND we can see the math isn’t mathing? Sorry not sorry but that’s suspicious and how can i trust your ‘never was tested by non-employees pre-release’ game?

I just don’t like how it’s not part of the actual game. They really could have marketed this beforehand as its own thing and I think it would have been received sooooo much better lol.

1 Like

It’s laughable to me that there were people saying for the last few days that “it’s just a fun game mode it’s not serious they’re not pushing esports” and surprise surprise there’s a big sponsored tourney coming up with a 50k prize pool. I’m going to watch just because I know it’s going to be a dumpster fire with Blizzard’s netcode and people from all over the world on the same server. What makes it even better is every single thing in the game is a skillshot. Some Brazilian 200 ping slideshow is going to win the whole thing just because no one will be able to hit him with anything.

4 Likes

How about this, the first two layers of the storm there is no PVP, as you move further in then PVP becomes enabled. This would give time for those who don’t want to PVP to do the PVE stuff and maybe everyone comes out happy.

1 Like

This is not a game for wow… we would have been better represented with new pvp epic map pirate themed and some sort of islands for pve.

disappointed none of the shirts had the quote
“I’d rather be fishing” on it

oh and why not “my other mount is locked in development” for good measure